Georgia July 15, 2015
These 12 Epic Mountains In Georgia Will Drop Your Jaw
You really should get out and experience the beauty of the Georgia mountains. From the highest point in Georgia at Brasstown Bald to Stone Mountain, there are so many wondrous and amazing mountains to view, climb and hike. Here are 12 epic mountains in Georgia that will make your jaw drop!
1) Fort Mountain - 181 Fort Mountain State Park Rd, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Visit this mountain at Fort Mountain State Park near Ellijay. It's a mountain lovers retreat-- bike, hike, or just gaze at its wonder!
2) Blood Mountain -
Blood Mountain Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia 30512
Check out the sixth highest mountain in Georgia and the highest peak on the Appalachian Trail in Georgia! It's in the Blue Ridge Mountain range. Go camp out in the Chattahoochee National Forest and take a glimpse at this mountain.
3) Black Rock Mountain - 3085 Black Rock Mountain Pkwy, Mountain City, GA 30562
Black Rock Mountain State Park is the perfect place to get the RV out and ride along while gazing at the black cliffs of Black Rock Mountain.
4) Stone Mountain - 1000 Robert E Lee Blvd
Stone Mountain, GA
One of Georgia's most popular mountain attractions-- Stone Mountain is the world's largest exposed granite. Not only is it fun to climb this mountain, there's also an amusement park, a sky-ride and firework shows during American holidays!
5) Brasstown Bald Mountain - Brasstown Bald Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia 30546
With an elevation of 4,784 feet above sea level, Brasstown Bald is the highest natural point in Georgia. The native Cherokee people who once roamed these lands knew the mountain as Enotah.
6) Cloudland Canyon - 122 Cloudland Canyon Park Rd, Rising Fawn, GA 30738
Home to the beautiful Lookout Mountain, this canyon belongs on this list of beautiful Georgia treasures.
7) North Georgia Mountains -
North Georgia Mountains Georgia 30528
The entire range of the North Georgia Mountains is a nature lovers dream! Enjoy one of their many cabins (which are quite affordable among a group of people) and the breathtaking scenery!
Another beautiful view of Fort Mountain in the Fall
Sunset over Brasstown Bald Mountains
8) Lookout Mountain - Lookout Mountain Georgia 30738
Lookout Mountain is one of Georgia's natural wonders --much like the wonders of the world! The view is so breathtaking that people travel from all over just to gaze over its cliffs.
9) Mountainside at Vogel State Park - 405 Vogel State Park Rd, Blairsville, GA 30512
Vogel State Park is located at the base of Blood Mountain in the Chattahoochee National Forest. It is one of Georgia's most beloved parks!
10) Yonah Mountain - Yonah Mountain Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia 30571
Yonah Mountain is a part of the North Georgia Mountain range, so of course it's beautiful! It's in between the towns of Helen and Cleveland. This awesome mountain is also known as Mount Yonah, or Yonah Bald.
Cliff view on Yonah Mountain
11) Bear Mountain - Bear Mountain Georgia 30183
Bear Mountain is located at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains just south of Waleska, Georgia.
12) Cow Rock Mountain - Cowrock Mountain Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia 30528
According to the photographer, this shot is viewed from Wildcat Mountain across the Logan Turnpike.
Another amazing shot of Stone Mountain
These mountains are just gorgeous! What are some of your favorite Georgia mountains? Better yet, show us your beautiful pictures of Georgia mountains!