Florida May 26, 2015
13 Things Everyone In Florida Should Do This Summer
If you’re from Florida, you know most of our summer activities revolve around staying cool while the sun tries its best to burn us to a crisp. These places are so cool, you’ll forget about the heat and have a blast.
1. Pick a beach, any beach.
Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island is absolutely beautiful and a great spot for snorkeling. Check out more awesome
2. Try a new theme park or an old favorite.
3. Visit America's Oldest City, St. Augustine.
Visit the Fountain of Youth, the original Ripley's Believe It or Not, the Castillo de San Marcos, or one of Florida's best and oldest running attractions, the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park (opened in 1893). There are plenty of options for restaurants, shops and nightlife, too.
4. Cool off at one of our ridiculously awesome water parks.
Some popular choices are Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica in Orlando and Rapids Water Park in Riviera Beach, but chances are in Florida there's one near you.
5. Visit the Florida Caverns in Marianna
Or explore underwater caves at
in Williston, FL!
6. Swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove in Orlando.
Interested? Learn more
7. Relax and get back to nature at one of our many, many state parks (over 160).
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park on Key Biscayne. Here's a
of some more of the coolest state parks in Florida.
8. Go wild with the big cats and other awesome animals at one of our wildlife sanctuaries.
The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary in Jacksonville, FL
9. Tube down the Ichetucknee.
Or try one of these many awesome
10. Get up close and personal with the gentle and absolutely adorable manatees in Crystal River.
Or try one of the many other
Florida has to offer.
11. Stroll through one of our many beautiful gardens.
Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens in Coconut Grove.
12. Visit a real-life castle. No really, we have several.
Pictured is Solomon's Castle in Ona, FL, but you can take your pick from all of
13. Explore the weird and wonderful Florida Keys (you know you've always wanted to.)
What are some of your favorite summer activities in Florida? Please tell us about them in the comments below.