Florida Seasonal March 19, 2016
13 Unforgettable Things You Must Add To Your Florida Summer Bucket List
If you’re from Florida, you know most of our summer activities revolve around staying cool while the sun tries its best to burn us to a crisp. These places are so cool, you’ll forget about the heat and have a blast.
1. Visit one of Florida's famous natural springs.
Even in the summer, the water in these springs is nice and cool. Check out some of our favorite Florida swimming holes
2. Spend as much time as possible at some of the best beaches in the world.
Bradenton Beach on Anna Maria Island is absolutely beautiful and a great spot for snorkeling. Check out more awesome Florida beaches
3. Slip down a 1,000-foot water slide through your city.
This gigantic touring slip 'n slide will be visiting several Florida cities this summer. Could there be a cooler way to stay cool? Check out the locations and dates
4. With the kids off from school, summer is the perfect time for a road trip.
You can find a few cool road trips to try
. We also mapped out the
Ultimate Central Florida Road Trip
a little while back, and we'll be creating maps for other regions of the state soon!
5. Spend some time in the nation's oldest city.
Visit the Fountain of Youth, the original Ripley's Believe It or Not, the Castillo de San Marcos, or one of Florida's best and oldest running attractions, the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park (opened in 1893). There are plenty of options for restaurants, shops and nightlife, too.
6. Make your kids' dreams come true and try out a new theme park.
Disney World is great, but don't forget about LEGOLAND, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and many more.
7. Summer is the perfect time to try out as many Florida water parks as possible.
Some popular choices are Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica in Orlando and Rapids Water Park in Riviera Beach, but chances are in Florida there's one near you. Check out our list of awesome water parks
8. Head underground to escape the heat with a trip to the Florida Caverns.
The Florida Caverns in Marianna are nice and cool, even when Florida isn't.
9. Treat the kids to a roaring good time at one of our awesome zoos or wildlife sanctuaries.
Pictured is Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary in Jacksonville. Check out all of our recommended attractions for animal lovers
10. Don't let the heat keep you from having fun. Try to visit as many of our fascinating tropical gardens as you can.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables is one of the best in our state. Check out some more of our favorite gardens
11. If gardens aren't your thing, try hiking through some of our best parks.
Florida has hundreds of state, county and national parks you can choose from, so you should have no trouble finding one near you. Or choose one of our favorite hiking spots from our list,
12. Visit one of several castles that you never knew were hiding right here in Florida.
Pictured is Solomon's Castle in Ona. Coral Castle in Homestead is another hidden gem. For our complete list of castles, click
13. Of course, no summer is complete without ice cream.
In case you missed it, here are a few of our favorite
ice cream parlors
in the Sunshine State. Find one near you and try it out this summer!
What are some of your favorite summer activities in Florida? Please tell us about them in the comments!