13 Undeniable Signs That Summer Is Almost Here In Florida
Temperatures are heating up rapidly and stormy weather is on its way, and that can only mean one thing. The calendar will tell you that summer starts in the middle of June, but here in Florida, there are a few signs that will show you when summer is actually on its way:
1. Kids start counting the days...
...and the hours, minutes, and seconds.
2. Your neighborhood constantly smells like a giant hamburger.
Are you ready for cookout season?
3. Summer love is in the air...
4. ...And so is all that pollen.
If you have allergies, you wish you could walk around like this.
5. Let the battle for the shady parking spots begin.
Getting burned by your steering wheel and seat belt is a very real danger.
6. Unless it's one of those days when you could swim to your car.
Almost everyone in Florida is pretty familiar with flooding.
7. You get to remove 10,000 pieces of brightly colored plastic from your yard every other day.
Water balloon fights are still awesome, though.
8. Florida reminds you why it's called the lightning capital of the country.
It can be beautiful but deadly, so be careful, everyone.
9. But it's easy to forget why it's called the Sunshine State.
Are you sure it's not the Monsoon State?
10. The kids ask to go to the pool every single day...
11. ....except when they ask to go to the beach...
12. ...or to a water park.
This is when that annual pass could come in handy.
13. But the best "water parks" in Florida are the natural ones.
This is a great time to cool off in some beautiful 72-degree spring water.
Are you ready for summer? What’s on your summer bucket list?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.