Alabama December 12, 2016
by Jennifer Young 13 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Alabama
We’ve mentioned it over and over again that Alabama is a wonderful place to call home. With that being said, there are many characteristics of this great state that may keep you from moving here. If you’re thinking of packing up and moving to Alabama in the near future, here are 13 challenges you might eventually be faced with once you’ve settled in:
1. Alabama's weather conditions are unpredictable. From ridiculously hot summers and...
2. ...terrifying tornadoes, to...
3. ...unexpected ice storms and...
4. ...devastating hurricanes, you never really know what mother nature has in store from one week to the next.
5. Because Alabama's food is amazing (and mostly fried), you'll likely pack on the pounds if you relocate here.
6. If you enjoy playing the lottery, you can forget about it if you move to Alabama. Alabama has no lottery, so you'll have to either drive to Tennessee, Georgia or Florida to purchase a ticket.
7. Here in Alabama, mosquitoes will seriously eat you alive. Be sure to stock up on insect repellent. It'll become your new best friend.
8. Once you move to Alabama, it won't be long before you become a stereotype to an out-of-stater. Don't be surprised if "uneducated redneck" is one of these stereotypes.
9. Many famous companies don't have locations in Alabama. If you love shopping at IKEA, or...
10. ...stuffing your face with delicious burgers from In-N-Out Burger, you're out of luck.
11. The same thing holds true for professional sports teams. If you're a fan of professional football, baseball or basketball, you'll have to attend the games somewhere else.
12. You'll most likely experience many driving frustrations. Whether it's being part of a traffic jam in a big city, or being stuck behind a tractor on one of Alabama's rural backroads, you'll be so happy when you finally arrive at your destination.
13. Speaking of driving, you can expect to see lots of deer on Alabama's rural backroads. For some strange reason, they absolutely love darting out in front of vehicles. Be careful, and always be on the alert.
There’s no denying that many people face certain challenges by living in Alabama. However, there’s no better place to call home. Don’t believe us? Here are 11 Ways Living In Alabama Ruins You For Life (in a good way).
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.