Ohio March 12, 2016
Here Are 15 Signs You Have Spent Way Too Much Time In Ohio
Sometimes, you just need to get out more. While there are plenty of things to love about Ohio, it’s good to get away for a little bit—and then come home and re-apprecaite your home state. The following are 15 signs that you’ve probably spent too much time here (and are in need of an out of state vacation.)
1. You have developed a slightly obsessive (and irrational) hatred of all things Michigan.
2. While driving (anywhere in the world really) your eyes scan surrounding woods and the road ahead for deer.
3. You attend multiple county fairs in the summer just because.
4. To you, stores such as Meijer, Kroger and JC Penney are referred to in possessive form and you don’t see any problem with it.
5. Every once in awhile, you mysteriously pronounce an “r” in words that don’t actually have one.
6. (In your mind, the word “warsh” is just “wash” with style.)
7. When someone refers to Athens or Oxford the possibility of Europe doesn't even cross your mind.
8. You actually dread spring time driving more than winter driving because the pot holes are simply out of this world.
9. Every time, without fail, you rush to buy milk and bread when the forecast calls for any amount of snow whatsoever.
10. You’re only capable of giving driving directions in time increments, based solely on a location’s proximity to a major city.
11. You are genuinely confused when someone from out of state points out your accent.
12. You don’t believe in the concept of four designated seasons anymore. (You've just accepted the fact that the weather will do what it wants and you're just along for the ride.)
13. You do however sincerely believe that street construction is merely a ploy to make you late for work and a diversion from what’s REALLY going on down there—which is absolutely nothing.
14. Cedar Point and Kings Island have become your only vacation destinations.
15. There is no Ohio joke that has the power to offend you anymore.
Can you relate to any of these? What are some other signs you’ve spent way too much time in Ohio?