Potato River Falls In Wisconsin Will Soon Be Surrounded By Beautiful Fall Colors
If you think waterfall adventures are best reserved for summer, think again! Some waterfalls are at their most picturesque in the fall, when framed by colorful foliage. Potato River Falls in Wisconsin is a prime example. The cascade is commonly referred to as one of the most beautiful in the Midwest; however, there’s no denying that the waterfall’s beauty is amplified in autumn when it’s surrounded by seasonal hues. It’s truly one of the best places to visit in Wisconsin in the fall. Take a look:
Watch the video below to get a closer look at Potato River Falls in the fall.
Ready to plan a visit to this Wisconsin waterfall? For more information on Potato River Falls in Wisconsin, check out the Iron County website. Need some gear before heading out to Potato River Falls? Check out The North Face, where you’ll find an assortment of outer gear perfect for keeping you comfy and keeping you moving.
So, have ever visited Potato River Falls? Know of another waterfall that looks even better in the fall? What are some other places to view fall colors in Wisconsin? Whatever you have to say we want to hear it, so share your thoughts with us.
Looking for more places to visit in Wisconsin in the fall? Check out our past article, which showcases destinations with the most fantastic fall colors in Wisconsin.
More to Explore
Potato River Falls In Wisconsin
Aside from Potato River Falls in Wisconsin, what are some other popular waterfalls in Wisconsin?
There are several wonderful waterfalls in Wisconsin. Some of the most popular Wisconsin waterfalls are:
- Copper Falls: Located within Copper Falls State Park, Cooper Falls can be found along the Bad River. IN addition to Cooper Falls, the park is home to Brownstone Falls and boasts rugged beauty, making it a popular hiking destination.
- Amnicon Falls: Amnicon Falls is nestled within Amnicon Falls State Park, which is located in the northwest part of the state. In addition to its namesake falls, the park is home to Snake Pit Falls.
- Willow River: Located within State Park, Willow Falls, a majestic 100-foot waterfall that cascades down a rock face. The park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and beautiful scenery.
What are the best places to view fall colors in Wisconsin?
There are several places to view fall colors in Wisconsin. Here are some of the best places to visit in Wisconsin in the fall:
- Door County: This peninsula is famous for its picturesque landscapes and charming small towns, which only get better in the fall. During the autumn season, visitors can drive along the scenic routes, visit state parks, and enjoy breathtaking views of the vibrant foliage along Lake Michigan.
- Kettle Moraine State Forest: Kettle Moraine, which boasts several units across the state, offers a variety of hiking and driving routes, which showcase the foliage-filled hardwood forests, rolling hills, and kettle lakes.
- Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest: Located in northern Wisconsin, this expansive forest features miles of trails, lakes, and rivers, which, during the fall season, are surrounded by vibrantly hued leaves.