The Rooms At This Railroad-Themed Getaway In West Virginia Are Actual Box Cars
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
There are so many unique getaway options in the Mountain State, not the least of which is the option to spend the night in a train car. That’s right! There’s an actual restored C&O Railroad train caboose near downtown Fayetteville that’s been converted into a tiny house where you can escape for a uniquely memorable experience. So join us on this exciting train-themed getaway in West Virginia, but remember that we call dibs on the loft cupola!
Would you sleep in a train car in West Virginia? Or, have you already done it before? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that this is one of the most unique getaways in WV? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Are you a railroad fanatic? West Virginia has so many attractions for train lovers, not the least of which are some spectacular scenic train rides!
Still in the mood for more West Virginia adventures? Take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More to Love about West Virginia
Where can we find botanical gardens in West Virginia?
- West Virginia’s Core Arboretum in Morgantown is set on 91 spectacular acres of old-growth forest.
- Sunshine Farm and Gardens in Renick showcases more than 10,000 kinds of plants from all over the world across a 60-acre botanic garden and arboretum expanse.
- The Ritter Park Rose Garden in Huntington features over 3,000 roses and has been voted among the country's best rose gardens.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful botanical gardens in West Virginia.
Where can we go fishing in West Virginia?
- The Greenbrier River is brimming with Trout and Smallmouth Bass.
- Beech Fork State Park in Wayne County is known for its Walleye, Trout, Largemouth, and Spotted Bass.
- Summit Lake in Greenbrier County is a popular spot for Panfish and Bass.
Read on to learn more about the many places to go fishing in West Virginia.
Where can we find state parks in West Virginia?
- Located in Davis, Blackwater Falls State Park features a 62-foot-tall waterfall, lots of hiking trails, and a campground.
- Over in Hinton, Bluestone State Park expands some 2,154 acres and is a popular place for camping.
- Audra State Park in Buckhannon features the remnants of an old gristmill.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other exciting state parks in West Virginia.