Take A Vintage Train Ride To This Remote Waterfall In West Virginia
The Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad runs rides on the New Tygart Flyer, a vintage diesel-powered passenger train. The four-hour, 46-mile round trip has been called one of the most relaxing mountain wilderness train rides. This West Virginia train ride to see waterfalls is a memorable experience for all and you should add it to your bucket list.
Have you ever been on a West Virginia train ride to see waterfalls? For more information or to book your train ride to a waterfall in West Virginia, visit the Durbin & Greenbrier Valley Railroad website.
If you’re interested in other train rides in West Virginia, check out these eight train rides that will give you an unforgettable experience.
Want to go hiking in West Virginia this fall? Search for trails on the AllTrails+ app.
More to Explore
Train Ride To A Waterfall In West Virginia
What other waterfalls can I visit in West Virginia?
The following are waterfalls you can visit in West Virginia:
- Discover numerous waterfalls at Blackwater Falls State Park in the Allegheny Mountains
- Visit the tall and stunning Cathedral Falls in Gauley Bridge.
- See Sandstone Falls at New River Gorge National River.
You can stop at these and more along our West Virginia Waterfalls Road Trip. This is one adventure you don’t want to miss!
What road trips can I take in West Virginia?
Here are some of the best road trips you can take In West Virginia:
- Embark on a haunted road trip if visiting scary places is your thing.
- Take a road trip to inexpensive places which is perfect for those who don’t want to spend too much money but still want to explore the state.
- For unusual sites, check out the best roadside attractions road trip.
What are some of the best natural attractions in West Virginia?
Some of the best natural attractions in West Virginia include:
- Dolly Sods Wilderness Area
- Bear Rocks Preserve is located on a mountain-top plateau. With its unique flora and fauna, you won’t believe you’re in West Virginia.
- An overlook called Gaudineer Knob at the summit of Shavers Mountain will give you some of the best views in the state.
Learn more about these natural attractions and more in our article, 9 West Virginia Natural Wonders.