West Virginia December 14, 2016
15 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To West Virginia
West Virginia is sometimes
mocked by outsiders. They just don’t get it. We love our Wild and Wonderful mountain state. Here are some reasons why they might not want to move here (but reasons that we love it).
1. There's too much snow in the winter.
Sometimes we're forced to stay home and snuggle up with hot chocolate.
2. It's too hot in the summer.
3. We eat weird foods.
What other state has multiple festivals dedicated to ramps? Just like our state, we like our foods wild and wonderful.
4. You'll be tempted to get fat eating pepperoni rolls.
Who can resist these delicious treats?
5. We're haunted by ghosts.
6. And sometimes by monsters.
But we love the Mothman, and have given him his own statue and
7. You can sometimes hike for miles without seeing another soul.
We enjoy the peaceful solitude.
8. Many places in the state don't have wifi.
9. We don't have huge cities.
Pennsylvania can keep Pittsburgh. We like our cities smaller and easier to navigate.
10. We have plenty of tourists already.
But really, who can blame them? We have some of the best outdoor adventures in the country.
11. You always have to watch out for deer.
But it's great if you like venison.
12. We don't have perfectly manicured lawns.
We enjoy the wildflowers.
13. You have to like football.
We love our Mountaineers and Thundering Herd.
14. You'll feel compelled to go outdoors.
Few states have so much natural beauty.
15. If you move here, you'll never want to leave again.
When people make West Virginia jokes, you'll just smile and nod... they can leave more West Virgina for us!
For more life in West Virginia, take a look at these
10 undeniable reasons why West Virginia will always be home.