The Boardwalk Hike In West Virginia That Leads To Incredibly Scenic Views
When you hear the word “boardwalk” many people immediately start thinking about oceanside pathways that have plenty of coastal breezes and waterfront views. Not in West Virginia! Our most enchanting boardwalk trail leads right through the center of a forest and it couldn’t be more magical! When you’re itching to take a hike that has scenery from one end to the other, head to the Beartown Boardwalk in West Virginia and lose yourself in another world. It’s certainly one of the best hikes in West Virginia.
Take a look at some of the stunning sights here:
You can find even more low-key hikes with amazing payoffs around the Mountain State! Don’t forget to share your photos of time on the trails and outdoor adventures in our West Virginia Nature Lovers group on Facebook and in the comments.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Natural Attractions in West Virginia
What are the most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia?
The most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia include:
- The Trough. This gorge has the Potomac River flowing through it and there is a train you can ride to take in the amazing views.
- Spruce Knob. This mountain is not only the highest point in the state but in the entire Allegheny Mountain chain.
- Dolly Sods. This wilderness area in the Monongahela National Forest has gorgeous white rocks and colorful bogs that are otherworldly.
- Ice Mountain. Tons of ice can be found here even in the middle of summer due to how the rocks draw in and cool the air.
Find out more about the most incredible natural attractions in West Virginia.
What are the most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia?
The most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia include:
- Campbell Falls at Camp Creek State Park. Not only is the hike beautiful but it leads to a refreshing swimming hole.
- Glade Creek Trail. This is one of the lushest hikes in the state and the swimming hole has vibrant blue waters.
- Long Point Trail at Summersville Lake. There’s a massive rock outcropping that extends into the lake and the view from it is awe-inspiring.
- Grandview Overlook at the New River Gorge National Park and Preserve. Come here to see the rhododendrons bloom in the summer.
Discover more about the most scenic hiking trails in West Virginia.
What are the most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia?
The most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia include:
- Seneca Caverns. Native Americans were living in these majestic caverns starting around the 1400s and the caves are stunning.
- Sandstone Falls. This place is quite popular with locals and the natural beauty here is hard to forget.
- Seneca Rocks. These rocks are not only absolutely beautiful but are very popular with local rock climbers.
- The New River Gorge. This is one of the oldest rivers on the planet with amazing views and great whitewater rafting.
Learn more about the most impressive natural wonders in West Virginia.