1. Brooklyn’s Pizzeria, 716 E. University Way, Ellensburg
Everyone in Ellensburg knows that Brooklyn’s Pizzeria serves some seriously amazing pie... but if you're just passing through, you might not even notice the place.
2. Europa Restaurant & Bakery, 125 S Wall St., Spokane
Europa might look unassuming from the outside, but inside the decor is charming and the Italian food is outstanding.
3. La Terrazza, 505 1st St., La Conner
It's not that La Terrazza looks unimpressive from the outside. It actually looks great, but no outward appearances can prepare you for the spectacular views and mouthwatering meals that await you.
4. List, 2226 1st Ave., Seattle
From the outside, Belltown's List Restaurant looks nice. Inside, the ambiance is inviting and romantic, and the food and cocktails are perfect.
5. El Fat Cat Grill, 539 N Edison St., Kennewick
Run, don't walk, to this food truck if you see it behind Edison Car Wash in Kennewick. They have an excellent reputation for serving gourmet Mexican inspired meals.
6. Smitty’s Conoco Cafe, 3508 Fruitvale Blvd., Yakima
If you've ever filled your car at Smitty's on Fruitvale, you may not have realized that the small restaurant inside the gas station serves some of the best breakfast in town. But it does, until 11:30AM daily at 2PM on Sundays.
7. Big River Grill, 192 SW 2nd St., Stevenson
For a small town, Stevenson actually has a lot of options for great food. But nothing tops the unassuming Big River Grill and its menu full of burgers, steak, local seafood and salads.
8. Jimmy’s Pizza & Pasta, 9819 State Rt 532, Stanwood
If you've ever spotted this pizza joint and wondered whether it was even worth trying, the answer is a resounding yes.
9. The Puka Shack, 33 Basin St NW., Ephrata
It might seem odd for a Hawaiian restaurant to be in Ephrata, but The Puka Shack is definitely The Real Deal.
10. Sea J’s Cafe, 2501 Washington St., Port Townsend
Port Townsend is full of excellent eateries, so it would be easy to pass up Sea J’s Cafe. But even though the ambiance here isn't elegant, the fish and chips and burgers are downright delicious.
11. Saltoro, 14051 Greenwood Ave N., Seattle
This restaurant is a bit off the beaten path and removed from Seattle's vibrant downtown area. But if you venture into this Greenwood gem, you'll find food that's just as good as any of the city's top restaurants that's priced more reasonably.
12. Pepp’rmint Stick Drive-In, 4002 Main St., Union Gap (Yakima)
Even though it's spent the last several decades sitting just up the street from Yakima's most popular burger joint, this casual drive-in has withstood the test of time, mostly because the food is incredibly good.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.