Vermont January 06, 2017
The 21 Places You Should Go In Vermont In 2017
Just when you think you’ve seen it all in Vermont, something else comes along and makes you fall in love with this great state all over again. We’ve gathered 21 of our favorite places we highlighted last year, which makes this a perfect bucket list for places to go in 2017 in VT. Happy travels!
1. Everyone In Vermont Must Visit This Epic Waterfall.
in Hancock is an easy hike to a fantastic waterfall that is sure to please all the senses.
2. Nature Is Reclaiming This One Abandoned Vermont Spot And It’s Actually Amazing.
was a massive hotel built with the best materials and furnishings, and was a playground for the wealthy to ski, golf, or gamble the days away. Yet now it has been left for nature to reclaim.
3. The Breathtaking Lake Everyone In Vermont Will Fall In Love With At First Sight.
, how we love you so! Hiking, swimming, camping and boating at one of the most beautiful spots on Earth.
4. Take A Summer Day Trip To This Charming Town In Vermont.
is one of those towns in Vermont that is classic, charming and a photo taking paradise.
5. You Must Visit This Vermont State Park.
6. A Little Known Natural Oasis Is Hiding In Vermont.
Path of Life Garden
is a perfect destination after a day of exciting fun, during an onsite camping trip or simply just a destination on its own.
7. The Legend Behind These Castles Is Amazing.
built by Harry Barber in South Hero are a sight to behold. And you won't find these in many tourist books!
8. A Unique House In Vermont With An Incredible Past.
was built with a fortune made by treasure hunting. Read the whole story!
9. There’s No House In The World Like This One In Vermont.
may look abandoned, it is still inhabited and has left people wondering about its past as well as its future. Read more about this incredible place
10. Everyone in Vermont Must Visit This Epic Natural Spring.
Vermont is full of incredible swimming holes, and
is the best of the best!
11. There’s A Little Known Unique Museum In Vermont.
12. There’s No Chapel In The World Like This One In Vermont.
If you believe all dogs go to heaven, then the
in St. Johnsbury is where you need to go to pay respects to your favorite four legged friends.
13. You’ll Never Guess What’s Hiding In The Backyard Of This Vermont Home.
Photo courtesy of Jane O'Neil
This unforgettable story of
in Essex, Vermont is one you won’t soon forget and will undoubtedly make you smile.
14. This General Store In Vermont Is Too Charming For Words.
Dorset Union Store
has been opening its doors to the community and beyond for over 200 years!
15. You Haven’t Lived Until You’ve Experienced This One Amazing Trail In Vermont.
16. There’s No Graveyard In The World Like This One In Vermont.
Only In Your State/Kristin Grimes
17. There Is No Church In The Country Quite Like This One In Vermont.
Old Round Church
in Richmond is a rare, well-preserved example of a sixteen-sided meeting house.
18. Vermont Has A Grand Canyon And It’s Too Beautiful For Words.
Whether you view it from the road above or take a quick hike to the bottom, the
is a stunning sight to behold.
19. Most People Have No Idea This Unique Tunnel In Vermont Exists.
Only In Your State/Kristin Grimes
The winding notch makes a beautiful
20. Visiting This One Place In Vermont Is Like Experiencing A Dream.
21. Why This One Little Town Is Vermont’s Best Kept Secret.
Which of these great places would you want to see first? Let us know!