Vermont February 06, 2017
13 Vermont Restaurants That Serve Pancakes To Die For
With world class maple syrup abound, you can be sure that Vermonters know how to dish up fluffy pancakes to soak in the liquid gold. Whether you like them plain, with fruit, chocolate or nuts, there is certainly no shortage of great places to dig into a plate of pancakes, Here are some of our favorites that are guaranteed to make your taste buds go wild.
1. Penny Cluse Cafe - 169 Cherry Street, Burlington
Applesauce pancakes? Check! Gingerbread pancakes? You betcha. As you can see, every pancake here can put a smile on your face.
2. The Maple Diner - 7083 US Rt 4, Bridgewater
Great food, huge portions, reasonable prices and friendly service. What more could you ask for?
3. L & M Diner - 240 N Main Street, Barre
If you're looking to sway from your usual pancake order, try the stuffed french toast. Naturally, keep the maple syrup.
4. 158 Main Restaurant & Bakery - 158 Main Street, Jeffersonville
158 Main has shared their favorite pancake hack: Separate the stack on your plate. Spread fruit preserve or jam of choice on bottom pancake. Top with second pancake. Repeat. Douse with maple syrup. Optional: Break bacon into pieces to spread between two of the pancakes. Savor, without shame and most of all without urgency.
5. Sneakers Bistro - 28 Main Street, Winooski
Whether you go for a traditional pancake with eggs and home fries or something more creative from their menu, one bite and you'll see why Sneakers is a local favorite.
6. Parkway Diner - 1696 Williston Road, South Burlington
Looking to pair your pancakes with some protein? The house made hash is out of this world at this classic '50s diner.
7. Miss Lyndonville Diner - 686 Broad Street, Lyndonville
You'll get a lot of local love at this diner in the NEK. Just look at these pancakes loaded with strawberries!
8. Up For Breakfast - 4935 Main Street, Manchester
Head upstairs in downtown Manchester for pancakes loaded with blueberries and a side of thick cut bacon or venison sausage. Just look at all those blueberries!
9. Blue Benn Diner - 318 North Street, Bennington
Whether you go for the raspberry chocolate chip or the pumpkin pecan pancakes, it's all great at the Blue Benn!
10. Dot’s Restaurant - 3 W Main Street, Wilmington
You'll love the service with a smile, and the berry-berry pancakes are out of this world, especially when dripping with real VT maple syrup.
11. Maple Sugar & Vermont Spice - 45 Rt 4 East, Mendon
They make their own maple syrup here so you just KNOW it's going to be good. Can't decide between Pumpkin, Maple Walnut, Raspberry or Maple Sugar? Try them all! Can anyone say Doggie Bag?
12. Johnny Boy’s Pancake House - 182 Rt 4 East, Rutland
For a little of everything, try the "Gut Buster." It's worth the upcoming workout!
13. Papa Pete’s - 1104 Woodford Road, Bennington
Papa Pete's is the home of the giant pancake! They are 14 inches in diameter and are presented on a pizza pan with a pizza cutter. Wow!
For additional morning delights, these
16 restaurants in Vermont will prove that brunch is the best meal of the day.