Vermont February 28, 2017
16 Things Vermonters Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Oh, but we’re weird and we’re wonderful! Vermonters take pride in the fact that we’re not like anyone else and what is perfectly normal to us may seem, well, insane to everyone else. But actually, it’s these things that are seemingly crazy to others that make us who we are. And who are we, you might ask? Well we’re VERMONTERS and proud of it!
1. Require people to take their shoes off before they come into their house.
If you don't plan on mopping the floors when you leave, take 'em off.
2. Drive studded tires in July.
Why is that insane? Well, you never know if it’s going to snow in two months. (Also, we might have forgot.)
3. Heat their houses with wood.
Call us crazy, but it's efficient, and if you heat with electric... Well, who's gonna be warm when there's a blizzard?
4. Own a plow truck when you have a 20 foot driveway.
Well, it may seen silly until the day a big snowstorm comes.
5. Get a second dog so your first dog has a friend.
Why have one best friend when you can have two?
6. Go fishing more than once in a day.
If once is good, twice is better, right?
7. We've tasted sap right from the tree... Just because.
Only In Your State/Kristin Grimes
It’s about that time of year again!
8. Go camping in winter.
It's not for everyone, but if you can hack it, it's awesome.
9. Still have dial up internet.
Hey, we all can't live in high populated areas. Also, not all of us want to.
10. Live on a dirt road in April.
With the good comes the price to pay. Mud season is a Vermonter's dues.
11. You have winter boots and "fancy" winter boots.
When all else fails, trust in Bogs.
12. Never wash your car.
Sometimes it seems like the second you drive out you're covered in mud again.
13. Pull over and jump into a swimming hole just because it looks good.
The weather is hot, the water is cold... Why not?
14. Have a canoe strapped to your car 12 months out of the year.
You laugh, but how about this February thaw?!
15. Order a sloppy joe or shepards pie at town hall meeting day.
Yes, the small towns still have volunteers who make and sell food at this all day event. Aren't we great?
16. Take the long way home.
Why wouldn’t we?
Now that we’ve looked at what we do that makes us insane in the best way, let’s take a peek at the
15 things no self-respecting Vermonter would ever do.