Vermont September 20, 2017
12 Family Kitchens In Vermont That Serve Meals To Die For
When it’s a family restaurant, you can taste the love in every bite, and Vermont is full of family places! These family kitchens in VT have been serving wonderful food for quite some time and the locals keep coming back again and again. We can see why!
1. P & H Truck Stop - 2886 Route 302, Wells River
If you only have one thing at the P & H Truck Stop, make it the pie. Open 24/7 - 365 days a year, this place has been serving happy and full folks for over three decades.
2. Chauncey’s Family Dining - 5403 Rte 7A, Arlington
Whether you go for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you'll always get a great meal at this family owned and friendly place.
3. The Sandwich Shoppe - 52 Merchants Row, Rutland
It's a family affair at this landmark place which has been serving mouth watering sandwiches since 1981. The menu is huge, so add in extra time to your visit to choose wisely.
4. Three Stones - 105 Canal Street, Brattleboro
The recipes here have been handed down in their family for centuries. Yes, centuries!!! It's all delicious and if you haven't been here you need to plan a trip ASAP!
5. Peasant - 40 Bridge Street, Waitsfield
The father and son duo work magic in the kitchen at this little gem. Just look at this spicy shrimp with chorizo and white beans sprinkled with Romano cheese. It will taste even better than it looks - and it looks amazing!
6. Fire and Ice Restaurant - 26 Seymour Street, Middlebury
Vermonters love to support Vermonters, and this great place has been locally owned and operated since 1974. It's delicious!
7. Vergennes Laundry Wood Fired Bakery - 247 Main St, Vergennes
With owners directly from France, these baked goods are as authentic as you can get this side of the Atlantic. Keep it on your radar but note that they are closed until October 13 as they travel for new inspiration and a well deserved vacation.
8. Cantina Di Gerardo - 378 Railroad Street, Saint Johnsbury
You'll love the authentic food served at this family place. The owners are friendly and will make you feel right at home.
9. MacLaomainn’s Scottish Pub - 52 S Main Street, Chester
If it's a fun and lively atmosphere you're looking for, visit the family at MacLaomainn's. We guarantee you'll love it!
10. Essex House And Tavern - 138 Cross Street, Island Pond
The local couple running the Essex House and Tavern certainly know how to make guests feel at home! This restaurant is outstanding and the poutine is out of this world!
11. Handy's Lunch - 74 Maple Street, Burlington
Most UVM students can attest that Handy's is an iconic restaurant in Burlington. It's run by the 3rd generation and we know it will be around for many more to come!
12. Everybuddy's Casual Dining - 774 Main Street, Lyndonville
Formerly the The Valley View Family Restaurant & Tavern, this brother/sister duo have renamed the restaurant to Everybuddy's Casual Dining. Family friendly and delicious, this dine in or take out place is yummy and affordable.