You'll Never Forget A Trip To The Most Charming Christmas Town In Vermont
Woodstock, Vermont is a magical place in any season, but this charming town kicks it up a notch when it dresses up for the holiday season. Let’s take a look at this winter wonderland as we take a virtual trip to this charming Vermont Christmas town.
Woodstock embodies what many people picture when they imagine a Christmas town in Vermont. But if you can’t make it up north for a Woodstock, Vermont Christmas, just know that the town’s classic Vermont charm is year-round. For additional ideal places to visit in the Green Mountain State this winter (or year-round!), check out these 14 classically charming Christmas towns in Vermont. Once you decide on your destination, be sure to check out Viator to help plan some unique travel experiences.
More to Explore
Vermont Christmas Town
What is another good Christmas town in Vermont to visit?
In such a picturesque state, there seem to be Christmas towns in Vermont all around you. In addition to Woodstock, some others that often come to mind include:
- One of the best Christmas towns in Vermont is Stowe, the state’s most visited during the season. It offers fun outdoor recreational activities for visitors, such as skating and skiing.
- Burlington, which looks like a Christmas Hallmark movie during the holidays.
- The small town of Putney, where Santa Land is located.
What are some unique ways to celebrate Christmas in Vermont?
There are countless unique ways to celebrate Christmas in Vermont! Opportunities for experiencing the holiday season in unexpected ways in Vermont include:
- Going to Reindeer School at the Vermont Reindeer Farm to learn all about what life is like for Rudolph just may be the most unique way to celebrate Christmas in Vermont.
- You can take a ride on the Elf Express in Manchester
- Cheer on Santa runners or participate as one in the Santa 5K in Burlington
- How about a Victorian holiday event in St. Johnsbury, an annual celebration of the town's historic beginnings with treats, sweets, merry music, crafts, horse-drawn wagon rides, and more?
All of these sound like a lot of fun!
What was the biggest snowfall in Vermont?
It's no secret Vermont gets plenty of snow each year. But did you know about the state's biggest snowfall?
- In January 2010, an unexpected winter storm shattered some of the prior state records for snowfall and brought 33.1 inches of snow to Burlington. Only 8-14 inches had been forecasted.
- Thankfully, the snow was manageable because it was a light and fluffy type of snowfall, allowing the area to continue on with life as normal mostly afterward.
- It’s said to be Vermont’s single largest snowfall in history.
- However, the Great Blizzard of 1888 dropped more than 40 inches of snow in Southern Vermont.