Camp Right On The Gulf Coast At These 5 Beaches In Texas
We’re all about camping in Texas, but we never hear much talk about camping on the beach! It’s probably because most people don’t know it’s possible, but we assure you… it is. There’s just something about being in near seclusion with the lulling sound of waves lapping against the shore that’s unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. These five beaches perfect for beach camping in Texas definitely belong on your ASAP bucket list.
Can’t get enough? These rustic campgrounds in Texas are some other awesome places to go camping this season. We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait! Have you ever camped at any of these beaches? Are there any other beaches in Texas that are open to campers? Where have you gone beach camping in Texas? Let us know!
More to Explore
Beach Camping Texas
- Where can I go Texas beach camping?
Texas may not be the first state to come to mind when anyone thinks about beaches or beach camping, but yes – there is a such thing as Texas beach camping, and it’s glorious. Some of our favorite by-the-water campgrounds in Texas are ones like:
- Padre Island National Seashore – With more than 64 miles of amazing shorelines, this incredible seashore is easily one of the most beautiful places in Texas. And you can camp here!
- Ray Roberts Lake State Park – Camp at Isle du Bois and camp right up along the water. It’s a special kind of relaxation we can’t get enough of.
- Sea Rim State Park – This one’s a little smaller, with just 15 electric campsites and 75 primitive sites that are first-come, first-serve.
Learn more about all these awesome Texas beach camping options, and then some.
- Where are some of the best options for beach camping in Texas?
Of course, the list of awesome beaches in Texas doesn’t end with the short list above. Nope, there are many more. Some other awesome options for beach camping in Texas are:
- Mustang Island State Park – With just 50 campsites available, this smaller hidden gem is an awesome beach camping option.
- Possum Kingdom Lake – Don't let the strange-sounding name fool you: Possum Kingdom is a delight and a half, and it’s one of the best places to camp on the beach.
- Lake Whitney State Park – This little spot near Waco is known not just for its lakeside wonders but also for its awesome hiking and camping.
Learn all about Mustang Island and its amazing beaches.
- What are some of the best locations for camping in Texas?
Of course, being as enormous as it is, camping in Texas is a fairly easy feat. No matter where you are, there’s going to be a campground nearby. Some of the best options for camping in Texas are campgrounds including:
- The Colorado Bend Cabins – An amazingly scenic campground AND some of the best fishing in the entire state? We think yes.
- Bluebonnet Cove Casitas – If this place sounds like it’s absolutely heavenly in its beauty, you’d be right. It is.
- Hidden Grove RV Resort – All the amenities and fun of a resort with the glamping aspect that comes with RVing.
Learn more about each of these excellent choices for camping in Texas!