Tennessee April 02, 2015
20 Stunning Sunsets in Tennessee That Will Take Your Breath Away
Watching the sun set is one of the most relaxing and stunningly beautiful ways to end the day. We like to think it makes a great backdrop for slow walks in the mountains (landlocked Tennessee, remember?) or maybe along the river, and how amazing is it to take pictures during the late afternoon golden hour? Tennessee is an absolute TEN when it comes to sunsets, and we’ve scoured the state to find the best place for your long overdue makeout sesh. You’re welcome.
20) The Blue Ridge Mountains may be known as a relaxing vacation spot, but we prefer to remember it for its gorgeous sunsets.
19) Nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains, Cades Cove is where you can spend a weekend away from the world and indulge in the most beautiful end to the day you've ever seen. Those pink clouds. We can't even.
18) Clingman's Dome is an absolute hottie when it comes to the sunset side of things. At 6,643 feet, you're as close to the sun as you can get - this is the highest point in the Great Smokey Mountains.
17) Knoxville is really pulling out the stops here with this golden glow at Concord Park.
16) East Tennessee in general, can we just talk about how lovely you are? The heavens are opening up with this sunset that borders absolute perfection.
15) Fall Creek Falls is known for it's absolute natural beauty and waterfall, but we have the say - that sunset don't look too bad, either.
14) Fort Loudon is located in Monroe County, Tennessee - a place of rivers and lakes and fantastic sunsets. Just look at that.
13) Hey there, House Mountain. This Knoxville beauty is rockin' an absolutely gorgeous sunset.
12) This radical view from Round Bald on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee is sure to take your breath away.
11) Memphis may be the city of blues, but that sunset is anything but.
10) Morton Overlook is bathed in gold nightly with lovely sunsets like this. We see you, Tennessee. We see you.
9) The capital city takes the cake with a painted sky and skyline that'll make you gasp.
12) Knoxville may be a pretty city in itself, but with that sunset? It's drop dead gorgeous.
7) This place. That sky. Those colors. A sunset of the Old Bridge just can't be beat.
6) Old Hickory Lake is rockin' a flattering shade of orange, don't you think?
5) Radnor Lake is a natural oasis right outside Nashville, but we think we just might move in.
4) Roan Mountain. There are almost no words for how lovely this shot is, but then again - ATTRACTIVE works.
3) The Great Smokey Mountains are beautiful no matter which way you turn, but there's just something about that sunset.
2) From the mountains to the Tennessee Valley, this pink vista is pretty enough to keep you coming back.
1) Williamson County is bleeding all sorts of beautiful colors with this sunset. There's just something about the day ending on the farm.
These fantastic photographers have caught the beauty of Tennessee, well, to a T. What do you think – which sunset would you like to catch in the act? Let us know in the comments below!