Southern California August 19, 2019
10 Things Only Those From Southern California Know To Be True
If you’ve lived in Southern California your whole life, then there are a few things that you know to be true about SoCal. Take a look at what we’ve come up with and see if you agree. We bet you’ll be able to relate to most of these things – or, perhaps, even all of them.
1. The weather truly can't be beat. Whether it's spring, summer, winter, or fall, Southern California has one of the most pleasant climates in the country all year long.
2. Although palm trees may be the first thing that comes to mind when people think of SoCal, anyone from Southern California knows it's the vibrant purple flowers on the jacaranda tree that defines SoCal in the springtime.
3. If you were born and raised in SoCal, you can't remember a time when you didn't love avocado. Because here in SoCal, we add avocado to everything from toast to eggs and even burgers.
4. SoCal is so much more than beach towns. Anyone who lives here can attest to the fact that SoCal also has some pretty epic mountain towns that are only a short drive away.
5. And deserts that are so beautiful they will take your breath away. Joshua Tree is a SoCal favorite.
6. People outside of Southern California may imagine that it's sunny day in and day out here in SoCal. But those of us who live here know that snow boots are more of a necessity than sunscreen at certain times of the year.
7. As much as we love going to Disneyland, anyone from SoCal already knows that a trip to the happiest place on earth will set you back quite a few bucks. That's why most of us from SoCal have only been just once even though it's right here in our backyard.
8. Live in Southern California long enough and you'll soon learn that it will always take you longer to get somewhere than you realize. Which explains why everyone in SoCal is always running late.
9. Except for Sunday drives, which offer the perfect way to unwind when no one else is on the road. Especially when the route offers a windshield view of the ocean.
10. And last but not least, we all know that a sunset stroll on the beach is a perfect way to end the day in SoCal. Just one of the many reasons we love living in this little slice of paradise.
What else would you add to this list? Whether you’re a local to Southern California, a recent visitor, or a long-term transplant, we’d love to know what you think!
If you love SoCal as much as we do, you may also enjoy reading these
11 things that people say once they move out of Southern California.