Spearfish Falls In South Dakota Is Surrounded By Beautiful Fall Colors
The Mount Rushmore State is home to more jaw-dropping waterfalls than we can count, but when it comes to these natural wonders at this most colorful time of year, there is one, in particular, that stands out as being the most gorgeous of all. Can you guess which it is? If you said Spearfish Falls in South Dakota, you would be correct! Come along as we explore this stunning spot while also enjoying the amazing fall colors in South Dakota.
Have you had the pleasure of hiking to Spearfish Falls in South Dakota? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is among the best places to enjoy the fall colors in South Dakota? We’d love to read about your experiences in the comments section below!
While you are in the area, we highly recommend you also take a guided hike of Spearfish Canyon. And if you’d like to explore even more hikes around the state, you can find some great trails by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more South Dakota adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More adventures in South Dakota
Where can we find other hiking trails in South Dakota?
- The Sunday Gulch Trail located near East Custer is a popular rustic country trail, in part because it is dog friendly.
- The Notch Trail located near Interior features a waterfall and is great for bird watching.
- The Bear Butte State Park Trail located in Sturgis leads through a beautiful pine forest and to the top of a mountain.
Read on to learn more about some of the other amazing hiking trails in South Dakota.
Where can we go camping in South Dakota?
- Cedar Pass Lodge in Interior offers very affordable camping prices year-round.
- Big Sioux Recreation Area in Brandon also features great hiking and water sports.
- Big Pine Campground in Custer features basic tent sites and sites for RV hookups.
Read on to learn more about some of the other great places to go camping in South Dakota.
Where can we find lakes in South Dakota?
- Pactola Lake in West Pennington is the largest reservoir in the region and features 14 miles of shoreline.
- Horse Thief Lake in Mount Rushmore (South Dakota and Utah) features dramatic cliffs and abundant treed areas.
- Legion Lake in the Black Hills in East Custer features stunning sheer cliffs and picturesque views of the surrounding natural landscape.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful lakes in South Dakota.