Oregon December 09, 2015
The Ultimate And Definitive Bucket List For Everyone In Oregon
There are so many things to see and do in the beautiful state of Oregon. With all of the incredible nature and unique culture to experience, there are countless adventures to be had. Take some time to experience what our state has to offer, and create memories that will last a lifetime. From simple things such as eating Dungeness crab on the coast, to wild adventures such as mountain climbing and white water rafting, here are 17 things to check off of your Oregon bucket list:
17. Hike the Tail of Ten Falls Loop in Silver Falls State Park.
Have you ever seen a waterfall from behind?
16. Taste wine at a vineyard in the Willamette Valley.
Visit Oregon's wine country to see the vineyards and taste the incredible wine.
15. Go to the Pendleton Round-Up.
The Pendleton Round-up is one of the largest rodeos in the world, and it takes place annually on the second week of September in Pendleton.
14. Visit Crater Lake.
Go see this incredible lake for yourself. You can hike around it, take a swim in the summer, take a boat tour, and more.
13. See Shakespeare in Ashland.
Every year Ashland puts on the fantastic Oregon Shakespeare Festival. It's an absolute must-see.
12. Climb a mountain.
You can do it! There are many peaks in Oregon to be climbed, for beginners and experts alike.
11. Soak in one of Oregon's many natural hot springs.
Photographed above: Willow Creek Hot Spring.
10. Eat at a food cart in Portland.
Some of the best food in Portland comes from the innumerable food carts and you'll find them all over town.
9. Sleep in a yurt.
Many state parks in Oregon offer yurts to camp in, like this one at Umpqua Lighthouse State Park.
8. Visit the Painted Hills and the Fossil Beds at the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument.
They are out-of-this-world beautiful.
7. Eat dungeness crab on the coast (or go catch one yourself!).
This photo is from Tony's Crab Shack in Bandon.
6. Go rafting on the Rogue River.
Grab a life jacket and head to the Rogue River for an unforgettable rafting experience.
5. Buy a book from the original Powell's Books in Portland.
Powell's is the largest independent book store in the world, and it's absolutely magical.
4. Pick your own food at one of Oregon's many U-Pick farms.
See what's in season at your local U-Pick farm.
3. Go to the Oregon Country Fair.
This kooky country fair/ music and art festival outside of Eugene is totally awesome.
2. Visit a ghost town.
Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state in the country.
1. Go hiking or rock climbing at Smith Rock.
You've got to see Smith Rock for yourself.
How many of these things have you done already? What else is on your Oregon bucket list? Let us know in the comments.