There's A Covered Wagon Campground In Oklahoma And It's A Unique Overnight Adventure
Oklahoma has some pretty fantastic places to stay, no matter your taste or getaway goals. From luxurious hotels and sweet, historic inns to some of the coolest Airbnbs we’ve ever seen, the options are endless! This season, share more than s’mores at Orr Family Farm in Oklahoma City, where you can go camping in a covered wagon OR camp in your very own teepee! Enjoy wide-open spaces, fun times, and precious memories during this unique overnight adventure. It’s the perfect destination for your next family staycation! Continue reading to learn more about covered wagon camping in Oklahoma.
What do you think? Have you ever wanted to try out covered wagon camping in Oklahoma? What about teepee camping?
In addition to or as part of your stay, Orr Family Farm offers tons of activities for a fun, day trip, no matter the season. For more information on Orr Family Farm and to book your visit or glamping getaway, please visit their website.
Looking for more unique places to stay in Oklahoma? Go big! This dreamy Airbnb in Oklahoma is fit for a crowd and complete with not one…but THREE indoor slides.
More to Explore
Covered Wagon Camping in Oklahoma & Related Info
Where can I go camping in Oklahoma?
For convenience, beauty, and affordability, camping in an Oklahoma state park is one of the best ways to get outside and experience the magic of the South. For an overview of specific campgrounds, both in OK state parks and around the state, check out a list of rustic camping spots in Oklahoma. Or, for a unique glamping experience, these unique glamping retreats are worth visiting as well.
For a more traditional camping experience, these are just a few of the state parks in Oklahoma that offer both tent/primitive and RV camping, as well as a wide variety of amenities and settings to choose from:
- Alabaster Caverns State Park, Freedom
- Arrowhead State Park, Canadian
- Beavers Bend State Park, Broken Bow
- Black Mesa State Park, Kenton
- Boiling Springs State Park, Woodward
- Cherokee Landing State Park, Park Hill
- Fort Cobb State Park, Fort Cobb
- Foss State Park, Foss
- Grand Lake State Park, Langley
- Great Plains State Park, Mountain Park
- Keystone State Park, Sand Springs
- Lake Wister State Park, Wister
- Little Sahara State Park, Waynoka
- Natural Falls State Park, Colcord
- Osage Hills State Park, Pawhuska
- Robbers Cave State Park, Wilburton
- Roman Nose State Park, Watonga
- Salt Plains State Park, Jet
- Talimena State Park, Talihina
- Tenkiller State Park, Vian
- Quartz Mountain State Park, Lone Wolf
You can also find some fantastic camping options in the Chicksaw National Recreation Area.