Ohio April 27, 2016
Not Many People Realize That These 13 Things Are Actually Illegal In Ohio
As we discovered once before in our
first list of unusual laws, Ohio can be downright strange. (But you probably already knew that.) What you might not know are the following 13 laws that are still on the books in certain cities in Ohio, according to DumbLaws.com. Here are 13 more things that are actually (and surprisingly) illegal in Ohio:
1. In Cleveland, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
(Be honest: Have you ever caught a mouse without a hunting license?)
2. In Columbus, it is illegal for stores to sell Corn Flakes on Sunday.
(But, you know, Frosted Flakes are OK.)
3. In North Canton, It's illegal to roller skate without notifying the police.
(Sooo, what about skateboarding?)
4. In Fairview Park, it is illegal to honk your horn "excessively."
5. In Toledo, It's illegal to throw a snake at anybody.
(Well, good. Can we make this statewide?)
6. In the state of Ohio, it is illegal to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
(So, where/how does one acquire this sort of license?)
7. In Canton, electric fences are banned.
(OK, now that one I sort of get...)
8. In Canton, it is a misdemeanor to play any game in a public park without the Superintendent’s permission.
(ALL THIS TIME YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING ILLEGAL FRSIBE, GUYS.)
9. In Lima, any map that does not have Lima clearly stated on the map cannot be sold.
(Narcissistic much, Lima?)
10. In Oxford, it is illegal to drive around the town square more than 100 times in a single session.
(But 99 times is perfectly fine.)
11. It is also illegal to spit on the sidewalks on the square in Oxford.
(What exactly happened to make Oxford so protective of its town square?)
12. In Youngstown, riding on the roof of a taxi cab is not allowed.
(Does this mean someone attempted to do this?!)
13. In McDonald, your duck may not parade down Ohio Avenue.
(I mean, I'm glad someone told me this. Now I know better.)
Did you know these things were illegal? How many of these laws have you violated? Fess up.