These 10 Epic Waterfalls Near San Francisco Will Take Your Breath Away
San Franciscans are totally spoiled in the nature department, and the waterfall selection around here is one of the country’s finest. Most of these breathtaking spots near San Francisco are just a quick drive (or even bike ride) away. In fact, one sits in the city itself (okay, it’s a man-made one, but so what?!). Here are our picks for the most beautiful waterfalls near San Francisco. There’s just something about water and gravity that leaves us all speechless. If you were to do a search for “waterfalls near me” one of these would most certainly pop up at the top of the list! Check them out:
If this doesn’t get you off your bum and out into the great outdoors, we don’t know what will!
So what do you think about these waterfalls and waterfall hikes near San Francisco? If you’d like to embark upon other hikes in the areas around any of these spots, you can find some great trails by going to the overall AllTrails website.
Any other waterfalls near San Francisco we need to add to this list? Let us know in the comments!
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, explore with us in this video about beautiful Big Sur:
More to Explore
More to Love about Northern California
Where can we find other natural wonders in Northern California?
- The Subway Cave at Lassen Volcanic National Park is where you will find a 1/3-mile-long natural lava tube.
- The Cypress Tree Tunnel at the Point Reyes National Seashore is formed by a natural curving canopy of ancient cypress trees.
- The Mendocino Botanical Gardens, although maintained, is a natural wonder for its spectacular one-of-a-kind views of the ocea
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful natural wonders in Northern California.
Where can we find railway adventures in Northern California?
- The Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad is a historic, open-air railroad that operates steam train locomotives.
- The Niles Canyon Railway makes several stops between San Francisco and Santa Clara and features themed rides throughout the year.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train is very popular with those who want to stop at several of this region’s major wineries.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fun railway adventures in Northern California.
What are some fun facts about San Francisco?
- The bear used for the image on the California State flag once lived in Golden Gate Park.
- Denim jeans were invented here by Levi Strauss.
- The Chinese fortune cookie was invented by a Japanese resident of San Francisco.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fun facts about San Francisco.