Attractions April 06, 2015
These 21 Romantic Places In North Carolina Are Perfect To Take A Special Someone
Ah, springtime. Birds chirping, flowers blooming, warm weather, and the unofficial season of ‘love.’ After a dark, dreary winter, everyone comes out from their Netflix hibernation and sometimes, unintentionally, meets someone ‘special.’ If you’ve met your sweetie but want to plan the PERFECT first kiss, here are some ideas of where to take them.
Love is in the air!
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Climb high in love and seal that first kiss with a breathtaking mountain view at Chimney Rock.
Nothing like a long hike to make you want to snuggle up for a kiss!
2. Nestle beneath Dry Falls for a perfect first kiss beneath a waterfall...and you'll both stay dry!
A real winner for a first kiss! It's ok, you can say the idea was ALL yours :).
3. Your love is going in the RIGHT direction at Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
Cape Lookout is the only lighthouse in NC painted for directions. Black(N,S) White(E,W) that way you'll know which direction to stand in to catch the perfect first kiss sunset.
4. The couple that enjoys history together, stays together!
Theres plenty to do and explore in Old Salem, by the day's end you'll have enough courage to go in for the kiss! Stroll the streets of Old Salem and share a first kiss after eating a Moravian cookie!
5. There's no shortage of romance at Reynolda Gardens in Winston-Salem. Spring is the best time to explore!
Quiet, beautiful and secluded...Reynolda is perfect for the shy but romantic love birds!
6. Or set your sights high at Biltmore Gardens!
Bonus: mountain views!
7. Snagged a furniture guru or interior designer? Take them to the giant chest of drawers in High Point.
Creative and quirky, you can disguise your motives as a fun afternoon outting. After seeing your creativity they won't be able to resist!
8. Prove to your new "boo" they're your rock at Stone Mountain State Park.
Who wouldn't want a first kiss with this kind of view?
9. Or take a quick hike to Stone Mountain Falls for a more "private" first kiss.
10. Drive to the summit of Pilot Mountain to catch the sunset and snag that first kiss!
Perfect for those who don't want to travel TO the mountains, Pilot Mountain is right outside of Winston-Salem, a short drive will have you feeling like you're in the Blue Ridge.
11. Stroll down the Wilmington boardwalk hand-in-hand.
Your opening line can go something like, "Hey, I've seen this in a movie" because it is 95% likely that you have, or on Dawson's Creek.
12. The best things are wild and free, and together you can be!
You know what makes a REALLY perfect backdrop for a first kiss, Corolla Wild Ponies!
13. Adrenaline junkies, go in for a kiss at the top of a roller coaster!
The crazy roller coasters at Carowinds will give you butterflies for all the right reasons!
14. Love is a fairytale at Craggy Gardens Trail.
A beautiful hike and beautiful views will ensure you'll be successful in obtaining that first smooch!
15. A little thrill and a little love at Hanging Rock State Park.
Nothing like being on the edge of it all to unleash a sense of adventure (and some pre-kiss confidence).
16. A day at the museum will artistically set the mood.
The North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh is a great date idea, and a great first kiss idea! Especially if you find yourself dating the 'artistic' type.
17. What is more romantic than a rose garden?
Mcgill Rose Garden in Charlotte is a very popular wedding venue. Adorned with fresh, beautiful roses and lots of aged-oaks, this secret little getaway is just outside of the city and open to the public during normal business hours.
18. Go big or go home with a romantic dinner and a view at the Sunset Terrace at the Omni Grove Park Inn.
If this method does not work, then please, blame me. But really, I would totally swoon over this first kiss idea...how much more romantic can you get?
19. If you're really nervous there's always LIQUID courage
How about a wine tour of the beautiful Yadkin Valley? You'll be feeling buzzed, bubbly, and ready to make a move! (wink wink)
20. Suprisingly enough, a giraffe popping its head into your sunroof is a romantic adventure!
Adventure, privacy, wild animals, OH MY! Lazy Five Ranch, the "drive-thru zoo" is perfect for the unique first-kisser who wants to add a little 'wild' adventure to this special memory.
21. Kiss beneath the 'digital' stars at SciWorks Planetarium.
Don't let anyone tell you you're too old to enjoy SciWorks! The planetarium is one of the coolest features of this Winston-Salem museum.
Not only are these great ideas for a first kiss, but they can also serve as date ideas, anniversary destinations, and even just a road trip! What are some of your favorite romantic places in North Carolina?