Take A Dreamy Ride Through The Largest Drive-Thru Light Show In North Carolina, Speedway Christmas
If you think it’s beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas, then just wait until you visit the largest drive-thru light show, the Charlotte Speedway Christmas lights, to celebrate Christmas in Charlotte, North Carolina! Beginning in November, light displays and other holiday attractions and activities start to appear throughout North Carolina, and we thought it was fitting to start with the biggest one out there. Check it out below and then add this fun family event to your list of activities this season.
Have you visited the largest drive-thru light show as you celebrate Christmas in Charlotte, North Carolina in previous years? We’d love to hear about your experience! The best times to go, of course, are any night other than Friday or Saturday when traffic is at its highest. Keep in mind the Christmas Village is normally open only on select nights and check that information if you want to attend when it’s open.
Speedway Christmas is located at Charlotte Motor Speedway (address listed below). The prices vary based on the day of the week you attend as well as the type of vehicle you drive. There is also an option to purchase an Express Lane ticket to avoid some of the wait. Learn more on the official website for the Charlotte Speedway Christmas lights: Charlotte Motor Speedway including the dates and times the lights display and Christmas village will be open this season.
For more ways to get into the festive spirit of the season, head to these dreamy Christmas towns in North Carolina! At just over an hour and a half drive from Charlotte, Greenville, S.C. offers a fun Christmas event if you want to explore festivities across the state line:
More to Explore
Largest Drive-Thru Light Display In North Carolina
Are there other holiday lights displays in North Carolina that are worth checking out?
Yes, there are many holiday light displays worth checking out in North Carolina, including:
- Over in Western North Carolina, Forest City decorates Main Street with more than a million twinkling lights from Thanksgiving night through January 2nd. Enjoy an old-fashioned style Christmas on Main Street including a dazzling display of lights.
- Another must-visit holiday town is McAdenville, North Carolina where, each Christmas, the town decorates more than 300 trees in town, including many that circle the town's scenic lake. Additionally, the houses in town are decorated to the nines with lights and decor galore, making for a festive evening of strolling (or driving) through the community enjoying the lights and festive holiday atmosphere.
What are the best things to do with kids at Christmas in North Carolina?
Some of the best things to do with kids at Christmas are actually enjoyable for the entire family and include:
- A visit to a tree farm is a must and the Tom Sawyer Tree Farm Elf Village is a unique attraction that pairs a village filled with tiny houses the family can visit for hot cocoa, story time, and more with procuring a family tree. When finished enjoying the festivities, pick out the perfect family Christmas tree and cut it down yourself for Christmas memories that will last a lifetime.
- Also, the largest drive-thru light show is always a fun event to share with the kiddos in the family. Held each year at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Speedway Christmas is an event Dad (or Mom) may love when they find out they get to drive around the oval on the racetrack. Learn more about this event from the article above.
- Another must-visit Christmas event takes place on the campus of High Point University in High Point, North Carolina. The completely free event includes a hundred thousand holiday lights, train rides, entertainment, plenty of hot (free) food, and of course, visits with Santa. The Community Christmas Celebration in High Point is now in its 9th year.
Where are the best places to see Santa in North Carolina?
Some of the best places to see Santa in North Carolina are:
- The Polar Express at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad is a favorite among locals and visitors alike for Christmas events that include meeting Santa.
- But if you want something a little more low-key (or perhaps, less expensive), then head to Spring Haven Farm for Winterfest, a magical farm event that pairs Santa with goats for pictures and one-on-one visits. Sounds perfect, doesn't it?!