North Carolina April 09, 2015
Here Are 20 Reasons Why Living In North Carolina Is The Absolute Best
In the last 25 years over
3 million new residents have flocked to North Carolina. It’s no surprise everyone wants in on the gem that is our state. With so much to offer in terms of work, recreation, and landscape, NC is a real win-win. Here are 20 reasons to convince your family, friends, or significant other to move here ASAP!
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. Charlotte is the second largest banking city in America after New York City.
Meaning...jobs, jobs, and more jobs!
2. More young professionals than ever have been relocating to NC for work and play.
All major cities in North Carolina have seen an increase in young professionals seeking work and a fun lifestyle.
3. If you get sick, there's award-winning hospitals right near by.
Notably the top two being Duke University Hospital and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. Both are nationally ranked.
4. You haven't had real BBQ until you eat NC BBQ
East vs. West...it's all delicious!
5. Speaking of food...you'll never run out of delicious new restaurants to try.
North Carolina's food scene is consistently ranked as one of the best, and most progressive in the nation. We have tied with states like California on notable lists for "best restaurants" in the country.
6. Two words: southern hospitality
I've had out-of-state friends ask me how everyone is so nice and friendly in North Carolina. I just say...we were raised that way!
7. It's a craft beer paradise!
With up to 80 breweries you'll never drink mediocre beer again.
8. We have gorgeous beaches!
9. And breathtaking mountains!
Nothing beats the Blue Ridge or the Outer Banks
10. North Carolina produces some of the best musicians in the country.
We don't hold the record for most American Idol winners for no reason.
11. Speaking of music... you can catch a concert where Eric Clapton once played.
Not just the Double Door Inn, but each city and town in North Carolina is guaranteed to have some really neat venues rooted in history. NC's music history runs deep!
12. You'll basically become a genius
North Carolina is nationally ranked not just for universities but for public schools, K-12 as well.
13. We've mastered the art of late night munchies.
Where else can you get a BBQ tray with cheerwine and hushpuppies for under five dollars at 3AM?
14. Krispy Kreme meets Cheerwine meets Doughnut equals heaven.
Two of our proudest gems combined into one? Well honey, you can ONLY get that in North Carolina.
15. But don't worry, you'll burn all of those calories with a multitude of outdoor recreation activities.
Surfing, cycling, rock climbing, rafting, wind-gliding, I could go on and on...you won't get bored when it comes to recreation and staying fit in our state.
16. If shopping is your preferred method of burning calories, you'll find plenty here!
From SouthPark Mall in Charlotte, to Crabtree in Raleigh. North Carolina also has amazing boutiques and outlet malls.
17. Sport lovers rejoice!
College or professional, there isn't a sport we're NOT good at. You'll never run out of sporting events to attend. Even golf!
18. Beach bum, bohemian, professional, or even a farmer? There's a city or town perfect for you here!
Just like North Carolina has a diverse landscape, we also have diverse cities that are perfect for any type of person. You're guaranteed to find your niche here.
19. All tea is served sweet!
I pity the (wo) man who has never had real, southern sweet tea! You don't know what you're missing.
20. Honestly, why wouldn't you?
The people are nice and welcoming, the food is delicious, the night life is amazing, the scenery is beautiful, you get all four seasons. There's nothing quite like Carolina!
What would be your reasons for convincing someone to move here?