The Toxic Blue-Green Algae Responsible For Killing Dogs Around The U.S. Has Been Found In New York
Dog owners, beware! You may have heard about cyanobacteria. It’s common in the southeast United States, but can be found pretty much anywhere in the country. It’s bacteria that is produced by blue-green algae that is found in naturally occurring water sources, and it can cause liver failure and death if ingested by dogs. Symptoms are often not displayed until it is too late, so you definitely want to avoid this with pets and young children!
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here: onlyinyourstate.com/nominate
Lisa loves animals and spends practically all of her free time trapping and fixing stray cats. She also likes reading, playing Pokemon Go, and going to concerts. Her dog Cece is the best dog in the whole world.
Love New York?
Thank you! You'll receive your first newsletter soon!