The Most Beautiful Mountain In America Is In New Jersey...And It Isn't Denali
New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the United States which makes it easy to forget that it’s still full of natural beauty. For those seeking a true adventure, get your hiking boots on and head to rural Knowlton Township on the Pennsylvania border to explore Mount Tammany in New Jersey. This gorgeous New Jersey mountaintop happens to be one of the most challenging and rewarding hikes in the state. For an adventure, head on up and discover why this is considered the most beautiful mountain in America too.
Have you taken the trip up Mount Tammany in New Jersey? As you’ve learned, it’s a hike that takes commitment. However, it’s also unforgettable for those who ascend the summit. Let us know about your attempts in the comments section. Before you make the trip, make sure to check Mount Tammany in New Jersey to understand everything about taking this one-of-a-kind Garden State journey.
If you’re looking for more outdoor adventures, take a look at the following scenic hiking in New Jersey options too.
More to Explore
Mount Tammany in New Jersey
What are some fun facts about Mount Tammany in New Jersey?
In addition to what you just learned, check out the following fun facts about Mount Tammany in New Jersey.
- The most beautiful mountain in America is 1,526 feet tall.
- There are two hiking trails on Mount Tammany.
- On average, it takes just over two hours to complete the more challenging hike on this mountain.
- Leashed dogs are permitted to join you on your hiking in New Jersey adventure.
Where are some of the most scenic spots to go hiking in New Jersey?
- Stairway To Heaven Trail in Wawaynda State Park: This popular in-and-out trail is about three miles and is considered challenging.
- Buttermilk Falls and Crater Lake Loop Trail in Layton: enjoy two waterfalls on this quick hike in New Jersey.
- Cattus Island Red and Yellow Trail Loop in Toms River: Take in scenic views as you stroll along this family-friendly trail.
- Hemlock Falls Loop in South Orange: You'll stumble upon a waterfall when you go hiking in New Jersey along this trail.
For more options, check out these New Jersey beach hikes as well.