The Magical Place In New Jersey Where It's Christmas Year-Round
Christmastime is magical: There’s joy in the air, everyone is jolly and spreading good cheer, people are open to give and to receive, and neighbors are more neighborly. When you add to that wafting scents like fresh gingerbread cookies and pine trees, and beautiful ornaments… it’s no wonder that it is a favorite time of year. Historic Smithville and the Village Green are magical as well. I remember my very first visit. I was instantly enchanted by the charming locale, excited to explore all the shops, I enjoyed good food, spent some time on the lake, and strolled around leisurely. Something about the village evokes a sense of nostalgia, though the gifts and goodies you will find may be quite modern. So what happens when you combine the two? A delightful experience you’ll find only in New Jersey. You see, Historic Smithville is home to more than 40 unique shops, one of which celebrates Christmas all year-round. Come along we explore this enchanting New Jersey Christmas town and all that it has to offer during the holiday season!
In season, Historic Smithville and the Village Green offer a holiday light show on the lake, talking Christmas tree, Mrs. Claus’ cottage, Santa breakfasts, a miniature train ride, and more.
To learn about other activities you can enjoy in Smithville, be sure to read It’s Impossible Not To Love The Most Eccentric Village In New Jersey.
Have you ever been to this exciting holiday spot? If so, what was your favorite part? Would you agree that it is the best Christmas town in New Jersey? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Looking for some wonderful holiday treasures for family and friends? Then be sure to check out our guide to More Than 75 Of The Best Gift Ideas For The Traveler In Your Life.
For those who love winter hiking, you can find some great trails in and around the area by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more New Jersey adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More New Jersey Adventures
Where can we find the best resorts in New Jersey?
- The Chateau Inn and Suites in Spring Lake is great for a family getaway and within walking distance of the town's two-mile boardwalk, beaches, and more!
- Harrah's Resort Atlantic City in Atlantic City is popular for its gorgeous indoor pool oasis complete with a poolside bar.
- The Nassau Inn in Princeton is a historic hotel with its luxurious accommodations and on-site restaurant.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fantastic resorts in New Jersey.
Where can we find beaches in New Jersey?
- Long Beach Island has miles of beautiful coastline as well as year-round restaurants, boutique shops, and stunning residential areas.
- Cape May is a popular resort town year-round and features beautiful beaches and a great historic district.
- Brigantine has a peaceful beach area where you can swim, sunbathe, and enjoy horseback riding.
Read on to learn about some of the many other beautiful beaches in New Jersey.
Where can we find the best places to live in New Jersey?
- Swedesboro is a small town in Glocester County that has a vibrant downtown district that is packed with restaurants and charming shops.
- River Vale Township has been rated as one of the 10 safest cities to live in New Jersey
- Hoboken is a bustling mile-square city with a plethora of nightlife options (especially for singles) and proximity to New York City.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other best places to live in New Jersey.