These 6 Trails In Nevada Will Lead You To Extraordinary Ancient Ruins
Forget horror movies like “The Ruins” and the creepy fate that befalls travelers interested in exploring them. Ruins provide a glimpse into a colorful and oftentimes historic past; one that exemplifies Nevada. Take a look at these stunning hiking trails that lead into the past and to extraordinary ancient ruins and other historical markers. These hiking trails with ancient ruins in Nevada are some of our favorites, and might just become your new favorite outdoor adventures too.
Nevada is a state filled with history and nature. Hiking is a popular pastime, and what better way to blend one’s love of both than by exploring one of these stunning trails to glimpse the past? What did you think of our list of hiking trails with ancient ruins in Nevada? Do you know of other trails that lead to fantastic ruins? We’d love to hear your thoughts – feel free to share your stories with a comment!
More to Explore
hiking trails with ruins in Nevada
What are the most scenic trails in Nevada?
Some of the most scenic trails in Nevada include:
- Black Mountain Trail, Henderson, NV
- Hunter Creek Trail, Reno, NV
- Mount Rose Trail, Incline Village, NV
- Calico Tanks Trail, Las Vegas, NV
- Mary Jane Falls Trail, Mount Charleston, NV
- Marlette Lake Trail, Carson City, NV
- Cathedral Gorge Trail, Panaca, NV
- Railroad Tunnel Trail, Boulder City, NV
- Wheeler Peak Trail, Great Basin National Park
- Lamoille Lake Trail, Ruby Mountains
If you've never visited Nevada, one of the first things you'll realize is that this state is a nature lover's paradise. If you're looking to hike some of the most scenic trails, prepare to be dazzled by the neverending vistas, breathtaking canyons, and otherworldly landscapes. There are a number of trails in Nevada you simply must see to believe. Learn more about these bucket list trails in Nevada and why they are some of our favorites.
Which hikes in Nevada are kid-friendly?
Some of the best kid-friendly hikes in Nevada include:
- Changing Canyon Trail, Lamoille, NV
- Elephant Rock, Valley of Fire State Park
- Floyd Lamb Tule Springs Park Trail, Las Vegas, NV
- Cave Rock Trail, Glenbrook, NV
- Little Falls Trail, Las Vegas, NV
- Exploration Peak Trail, Las Vegas, NV
- Mountain View Nature Trail, Grand Basin National Park
Nevada is home to countless epic trails, many of which require strong endurance and hours upon hours of outdoor time. Fortunately, there are plenty of hikes in Nevada suitable for even the youngest outdoor explorers. Learn more about a few of our favorite family-friendly hikes in Nevada.
Does Nevada have any natural wonders?
Yes! Nevada is positively brimming with natural wonders just waiting to be discovered. Some top natural wonders in Nevada that you absolutely must check out include:
- Pyramid Lake
- Jarbridge Wilderness
- Lehman Caves
- Black Rock Desert
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Mt. Charleston
- Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe, NV
- Valley of Fire
- Wheeler Peak
Learn why we think these natural wonders in Nevada are pretty special in this featured article.