Kansas City December 06, 2017
This Ultimate Burger Bucket List In Kansas City Will Make Your Mouth Water
When you’re all pizza-ed out and you’ve had enough Chinese, sometimes what you need to look for is a good burger. Here in Kansas City, we have hundreds of barbecue joints, but how many places can you get an amazing burger? This burger bucket list should help you work through some of the best ones.
1. Bluestem - 900 Westport Rd., Kansas City, Missouri
Here at Bluestem, progressive American cuisine meets you, the people. Try this place out if you’re looking for a unique burger experience!
2. BRGR Kitchen + Bar - 11 E 14th St., Kansas City, Missouri
BRGR Kitchen seeks to bring a new take on a classic item, and they definitely go the extra mile. This burger is a hamburger patty, pastrami, spicy coleslaw, french gruyere, house mustard, and piquant sauce on a rye bun. New experiences are always fun!
3. Burg & Barrel - 7042 W 76th St., Overland Park, Kansas
Burg & Barrel takes special care to craft their burgers to pair perfectly with their beer. They're a great part of Overland Park's food scene, and a solid choice when you're looking for something a little different.
4. Green Room Burgers & Beer - 4010 Pennsylvania Ave, Ste D, Kansas City, Missouri
This family-owned brewpub goes above and beyond, grinding their beef in-house for the freshest burgers possible. They also brew their own beer, making it a fantastic combo that everyone should try at least once.
5. Hayes Hamburgers & Chili - 2502 NE Vivion Rd., Kansas City, Missouri
Hayes has been here since 1955, and they don't show any sign of leaving. Their classic burgers are something you shouldn't overlook when it comes to this bucket list.
6. LC's Hamburgers Etc. - 7612 NW Prairie View Rd., Platte Woods, Missouri
LC's was voted best in the Northland, and it's not hard to see why. Classic burgers don't get much better than this, and you'll always have a home at LC's.
7. Rockstar Burgers - 1611 Genessee St., Kansas City, Missouri
Rockstar is a big more than a burger joint, it's a great place to meet fun people and enjoy burgers at any hour. They also serve veggie burgers, so everyone can find something to love here.
8. Smitty's Garage Burgers & Beer - 8811 State Line, Kansas City, Missouri
Smitty's was created from the minds of three hungry men, and they offer a crazy amount of options. You can get beef, turkey, and even bison on your bun. Pair it with fresh cut fries for an experience you'll want more of.
9. Tay's Burger Shack - 1019 Armour Rd., North Kansas City, Missouri
Tay's is a classic burger shop, except it serves organic grass-fed beef instead of the standard sort. Other than that, you can expect to feel like you're in a warm and cozy diner that feels just like home.
10. The Brick - 1727 McGee St., Kansas City, Missouri
The Brick is features live music and a great atmosphere for burgers. They're just too good to pass up, in my book.
11. Town Topic - 2021 Broadway St., Kansas City, Missouri
Town Topic is a KC classic, and this list wouldn't be complete without it. If you've never been, it's required as a Kansas Citian that you go at least once. Well, encouraged.
12. Unk's Burgers - 240 NW Oldham Pkwy., Lees Summit, Missouri
Unk cares about his burgers and he cares about his customers. None of the beef is frozen, and it's all well done in the bun. Plus, if you're in a hurry you can order online and carry out!
13. Winstead's - 101 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
Winstead's is another KC classic, and you can't go without also getting one of their stellar shakes to go with your burger. The whole diner is a time machine, taking you back to the good ol' days and serving you hot and juicy burgers daily.
Where do you go to satisfy your burger cravings? Let us know in the comments below!
After you’re done trying these sizzling spots,
check out this pizza bucket list as well!