Kansas City October 15, 2017
13 Unwritten Rules Every Kansas Citian Lives By ‘Til Death
Here in Kansas City, there’s just a few rules you’ll end up following one way or another. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way, and other times you’ve grown up to follow these rules anyways.The following are 13 unwritten rules that most Kansas Citians have ingrained in their systems. Which ones do you follow?
1. In general, be kind to one another.
There's no time in a city this big to be bickering about who cut in line at the grocery store.
2. Feed your guests.
It doesn't matter if you only have macaroni and cheese, you should at least offer it as a possibility. It's just how we're raised.
3. Never admit if you hate one of our local sports teams.
It's okay to not care about sports, but to hate our teams is sacrilege.
4. Do make small talk about the upcoming game.
It's easy to waste time speculating who will win the next ball game.
5. Never underestimate the forecast's power to change at any time.
You thought it was going to be 78 and breezy? Well, here's a thunderstorm I just remembered I had planned. Sorry!
6. Don't pretend like other cities are better.
Honestly, who would want to live anywhere else?
7. There's nothing better than Quiktrip.
They're clean, convenient, and everywhere.
8. Deer can still get you -- you're not even safe near a golf course.
I can count on both hands how many near-misses I've had within city limits.
9. Accept that roadwork will be happening forever.
I once heard someone say that caution cones are like our state flower -- they pop up every spring without fail.
10. Don't pack up your summer clothes until it snows.
Sometimes you'll find you need them even after it snows. 75 is shorts weather!
11. Don't celebrate warmer weather until Fountain Day.
Usually, anyways. Sometimes they're a little early for the weather.
12. Worlds of Fun is never that fun during the summer.
Everyone tries it once, and then realizes crowds of tourists just aren't worth going during peak season.
13. Always have pride in your city.
There's so many great things to celebrate about Kansas City, so why not have pride?
What other rules do you think we silently follow? Feel free to check out this awesome
drone footage of Kansas City from above!