These 12 Amazing Camping Spots In Mississippi Are An Absolute Must See
Spring has arrived, and the beautiful weather the state has been experiencing is the proof. Between the gorgeous rays of sunshine and light breezes, it’s almost impossible to stay indoors, making it the perfect time to take advantage of some of the great campgrounds that fill state. Not sure where to begin? These 12 amazing camping spots in Mississippi aren’t a bad start.
What are your favorite camping spots in Mississippi?
More to Explore
Camping in Mississippi
What are some options for glamping in Mississippi?
Interested in immersing yourself in the Great Outdoors... minus the "roughing it?" We've got you! Here are some beautiful glamping spots and luxurious campgrounds in Mississippi sure to please even those who eschew traditional camping:
- Brookside Barn. Nestled in the piney woods of Ellisville, the four rustic cabins that make up The Cabins at Brookside Barn provide the perfect escape – along with all the comforts of home. And though each cabin is a little different, they all offer a quiet getaway with many of the same comforts as home.
- The Johnny Knight Treehouse. At this incredible treehouse, you can get in touch with nature, without actually having to stay outdoors. Hidden away in the middle of a forest, the charming treehouse has everything you could ask for – rustic charm and modern-day amenities, including a full kitchen
- Grenada Lake Cabin. From amazing accommodations to a great location, this luxury cabin has it all. And since it’s conveniently located near Hugh White State Park, guests can enjoy hiking trails, swimming, bird watching, and other outdoor fun the park has to offer.
- Whiskey on the River. There’s no better way to elevate your next getaway than by booking a stay at Whiskey on the River, a Mississippi treehouse listed on Airbnb. Unconventional in every way, it’s equal parts rustic and luxurious. An unconventional Mississippi treehouse that overlooks the Leaf River, it offers all the fun of a campout and all the amenities of a luxury resort. And the views? They’re phenomenal!
- The Sheepherder's Wagon. The Sheepherder’s Wagon is a tiny abode that’s sure to make a BIG impression! Its small size isn’t the only thing that makes it memorable, though. Utterly unique, it’s inspired by sheep herder’s wagons from decades ago. Its location is another perk – it’s on a farm that has a general store and restaurant. Talk about the ultimate Mississippi glamping experience!
- Pickwick Adventures. Glamour meets camping at Pickwick Adventures! A great choice when you want to stay somewhere unique in Mississippi, Pickwick Adventures is a glampground that’s brimming with perks – from tents with AC to amazing amenities, like boat rentals and a zip line. In addition to a treehouse cabin, there are a few bell tents. Don’t be misled by the term “tent,” though: Pickwick Adventures is a glampground, so the tents aren’t typical tents!