If You Didn’t Know About These 7 Swimming Holes In Minnesota, They’re A Must Visit
Minnesota’s lakes definitely offer plenty of amazing swimming opportunities, but if you’re looking for something different, we found some other epic Minnesota swimming holes for you to try. From rivers to mines and even spring-fed pools, these places are some of the most beautiful and refreshing in the state. Here are some of the best swimming holes in Minnesota to visit this summer:
What are your favorite places for swimming in Minnesota? Do you prefer lakes, or are these more your style?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Best Swimming Holes in Minnesota
What are some fun things to do at Afton state park in Minnesota?
Afton state park, nestled in Hastings, is one of our favorite state parks in Minnesota. It’s filled to the brim with all kinds of stuff to do, and it’s nearly impossible to ever get bored in this place. Some fun things to do at Afton state park in Minnesota include:
- Swimming (after all, it’s home to one of the best places to go swimming in Minnesota)
- Hiking the 31 miles of awe-inspiring hiking trails weaving all over the park.
- Admire the beauty of the St. Croix River from one of the wonderful picnic sites.
- Visit the sand bar when the water level is low to get your feet wet.
Within this Minnesota state park are fascinating bridges to explore, beautiful flora and fauna to admire, and so much more. Afton state park in Minnesota is a hidden gem for sure.
What is there to do at Banning state park in Minnesota?
A state park in Minnesota just as worthy of a visit as the above-mentioned Afton state park, Banning state park is a wonderful respite from the bustle of everyday life. Much like with Afton state park, visitors can hike and dip their toes in the water, as there are many places along the Kettle River that are perfect for doing exactly that. Banning state park is a popular destination for kayaking in Minnesota, and various parts of the river consist of challenging rapids. The park is home to a gorgeous waterfall or two, and the trails here reveal fascinating secrets of the region’s geological history.
What are some of the best Minnesota swimming holes?
Minnesota isn’t called the “Land of 10,000 Lakes” for no reason, and plenty of those pristine lakes in Minnesota are perfect for taking a dip. Visit:
- Lake Minnetonka swimming pond, which is filtered and chlorinated, if you’re not a big fan of chancing it in natural water sources.
- Little Caribou Lake, which is known for its beautiful, clear water.
- McCarthy Beach State Park is home to Sturgeon Lake, which has ocean-esque sandy beaches and is perfect for your new favorite Minnesota swimming hole.