The Underrated Michigan Lake That's Perfect For A Summer Day
When it comes to lakefront scenery and adventure in Michigan, the Great Lakes often grab the attention of visitors and locals alike. It’s not difficult to see why: our Great Lakes are undeniably stunning and full of wonder. But Michigan is home to plenty of gorgeous inland lakes that offer an excitement all their own. Today, we’ll introduce you to one lake in particular that boasts breathtaking views, plenty of fun activities, and a peaceful atmosphere all its own. Welcome to Crystal Lake in Michigan – an astonishingly beautiful place to get away from it all.
Explore the beauty of Crystal Lake in this stunning high-definition video:
Do you have any wonderful memories of Crystal Lake in Michigan? We’re always eager to hear from you. Share your thoughts in the comments!
More to Explore
Crystal Lake in Michigan
- What are some of the most beautiful lakes in Michigan?
Michigan is home to numerous beautiful lakes, many of which are man-made and the rest of which are naturally occurring. Of course, “most beautiful” is subjective, but there are several lakes in Michigan that are thought to be the most beautiful lakes in Michigan, like:
- Torch Lake – This lake is a surreal, almost absurdly blue color thanks to its being clean and clear and reflecting the infinite sky above.
- Lake Huron – This lake might be one of the most amazing places to watch the sunrise.
- South Manistique Lake – Also known as Whitefish Lake, this beautiful Michigan lake is open year-round and is amazing to visit during every season.
Learn more about each of these beautiful lakes in Michigan (plus a few more).
- What are the clearest lakes in Michigan?
Given that there are so many lakes in MI, it’s obvious that some of these are going to be clearer than others. There are several lakes known for their beautiful clarity; some of the clearest lakes in Michigan are:
- Lake Michigan – Okay, this one might be obvious, but Lake Michigan is utterly amazing and perfectly clear.
- Clear Lake – Seriously, this lake is so clear that it’s in its name. And the water really is clear: you can see right through to the bottom.
- Lake Superior – Sand Point Beach comes to mind in particular, but Lake Superior is stunningly clear throughout.
Learn more about Clear Lake Park in Michigan.
- How big is Crystal Lake in Michigan?
Not to be confused with the Crystal Lake in a particularly popular franchise of horror movies, Crystal Lake in Michigan is a beloved center of outdoor recreation during the warmer months. Its area is just over 15 square miles (about half the area of Cleveland, Ohio) in size, and at its widest, it’s about two and a half miles wide. At its deepest, it reaches 165 feet down. It’s not too big, and not too small – it's just perfect. Learn more about Elk Lake, another amazingly clear lake in Michigan.