11 Gorgeous Beaches in Maryland You Have To Check Out This Summer
The beaches in Maryland are some of the most scenic in the country. Along with being the place to go when you’d like to cool off on a warm day, some of the best beaches in Maryland are known as the most beautiful places in the state as well. And while ALL Marylanders know about our most popular beach spot, Ocean City, many are unaware that we have several other beaches throughout the state that are just as stunning. If you’re curious to know more, I suggest reading on to learn about 11 gorgeous beaches in Maryland worth checking out when you want to enjoy a cool ocean breeze.
Did your favorite gorgeous beach in Maryland make the list? Which ones would you add? I’d love to learn your thoughts in the following comments section. And, if you’d like to explore some more, I encourage you to check out these beautiful places in Maryland as well.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Beaches In Maryland
What are some of the best beaches near me when I'm in Maryland?
If you're in Maryland and wondering, "What are some of the best beaches near me?", take a look at the following destinations:
- Matoaka Beach in St Leonard: Based in the southern part of the state, this stunning beach in Maryland is a hidden gem known for its views, fossils, and seashells.
- Flag Ponds Nature Park in Lusby: The beach at this peaceful park is open throughout the year. Along with relaxing by the water, hunt for fossils or feel free to take a hike in the surrounding area.
- Hart Miller Beach in Hart Miller Island: You'll find this scenic and remote beach a short distance from Baltimore.
What are some of the most beautiful places in Maryland?
Aside from the numerous beaches in Maryland, here are some of the most beautiful places in the state:
- Sideling Hill: Be prepared to be wowed when you drive through these impressive geological wonders in Maryland and the country.
- Sugarloaf Mountain: Discover stunning vantage points when you spend the day hiking one of the most picturesque areas in Maryland.
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge: You'll feel as if you've been transported to another world when you visit this haven for birds and other wildlife.
Find more beautiful places in Maryland in this piece too.