Everyone Should Take This Spectacular Holiday Trail Of Lights Road Trip In Louisiana This Season
Gather up the family; it’s time for a road trip! This spectacular holiday trail of Christmas lights in Louisiana will lead you to some of the most amazing light displays in the state, and you’re not going to want to miss it!
Have you ever been to any of these holiday attractions? Have you traveled the entire Louisiana Holiday Trail of Lights? Which display is your absolute favorite? Let us know in the comments below! Looking for more great Christmas lights in Louisiana? We love these Christmas towns in Louisiana! If you’re hitting the road, don’t forget your road trip snacks!
More to Explore
Christmas Lights in Louisiana
What is the most Christmassy town in Louisiana?
One of the towns in Louisiana known for its Christmas spirit is Natchitoches. The Natchitoches Christmas Festival, held annually since 1927, is one of the oldest and most vibrant holiday celebrations in the United States. The festival includes various events such as the Festival of Lights, where the town is adorned with hundreds of thousands of lights and numerous set pieces along the Cane River Lake. The season typically includes fireworks, parades, tours of homes, and plenty of festive food and music, reflecting the rich cultural heritage of Louisiana.
Louisiana's unique cultural blend contributes to various towns across the state offering their own unique takes on holiday festivities, combining traditional Christmas customs with local traditions such as Creole and Cajun influences, making it a unique place to celebrate the holiday season!
Where are the best places in Louisiana for Christmas lights?
Louisiana has several spots renowned for its Christmas lights and holiday displays. Here are some of the best places to visit during the holiday season for a spectacular light experience:
- Natchitoches Christmas Festival (Natchitoches) - Natchitoches hosts one of the most famous Christmas festivals in the state. The town features over 300,000 lights and 100 set pieces displayed along the Cane River Lake.
- Celebration in the Oaks (New Orleans) - Located in City Park, Celebration in the Oaks is a New Orleans holiday tradition featuring beautiful light displays throughout the park's oak groves and lagoons.
- Holiday in Dixie (Shreveport) - A traditional festival that celebrates the holiday season with lights and various events.
- Christmas in Roseland (Shreveport) - The American Rose Center lights up with thousands of twinkling lights and displays for the holiday season.
- ZooLights (Baton Rouge) - The Baton Rouge Zoo hosts this festive event where visitors can enjoy a mile-long trail through the zoo, decorated with more than 50 illuminated display sculptures of animals and traditional holiday displays.
- Luna Fête (New Orleans) - Luna Fête is a festival of lights with contemporary light installations, video mapping, and art installations in various locations across New Orleans.
- Festival of Lights (Lafayette) - The Oil Center hosts the Festival of Lights with lights, decorations, live music, and carriage rides in Lafayette.
- Alex Winter Fête (Alexandria) - Alexandria turns into a winter wonderland with its annual festival featuring ice skating, a winter market, and lighting displays.
These locations go all out for the holiday season, offering locals and visitors a festive experience with beautiful lights, holiday music, and unique Louisiana charm.