Both A Restaurant And A Playland, Kentucky's Jane's Saddlebag Is An Underrated Day Trip Destination
Jane’s Saddlebag is one of the most unique attractions in Kentucky. It’s a restaurant and a whimsical children’s playland. It’s a hands-on living history museum. And, it’s an event venue that hosts fun festivals throughout the year. Located near Big Bone Lick State Park in Union, Jane’s Saddlebag is an underrated treasure that makes for a fun and memorable day trip in The Bluegrass State. So, what are you waiting for? Read on to learn more about this charming family-friendly destination.
Editor’s note: This article originally included information about a petting zoo at Jane’s Saddlebag. This attraction is no longer open; however, there are many new kid-friendly areas to explore at Jane’s Saddlebag!
Have you and your family had the chance to visit Jane’s Saddlebag in Kentucky? Did you know about the restaurant here? (Also, doesn’t that pie look divine?) Share your experiences at this tourism destination in Kentucky in the comments.
If you’re looking for more things to do in Kentucky after enjoying your outing at Jane’s Saddlebag, feel free to check out the fluffy, huggable cows at TC Highlands Farm.
More to Explore
What are some of the best outdoor things to do in Kentucky?
Aside from heading to Jane's Saddlebag, take a look at some of the following best outdoor things to do in Kentucky.
- Frozen waterfalls: While any time of year is a good time to marvel at Kentucky waterfalls, prepare to be wowed if you check some out during the colder months of the year.
- Laurel River Lake: From boating to swimming, you'll find plenty of things to do in Kentucky when you visit this gem known for its crystal blue water.
- Pine Mountain: In addition to heading here for a hike, Pine Mountain is one of the top destinations for leaf peeping in late fall.
- Mammoth Cave National Park: You and your family can pretend to be Indiana Jones when you explore this outdoor destination that always makes the top of the list of things to do in Kentucky.
What are some top family-friendly destinations for tourism in Kentucky?
If you're looking for some top family-friendly destinations known for tourism in Kentucky, take a look at the following places:
- Kentucky Action Park in Cave City: Take your family to go zip-lining, horseback riding, bumper cars, and more when you head to this family-friendly park in Kentucky.
- Maggie's Jungle Golf in Gilbertsville: Kids of all ages will have a blast "putting around" at this themed entertainment park.
- Go Camping: Renfro Valley KOA in Mt. Vernon is one of many destinations in Kentucky ideal for spending quality time with your family and nature.
Take a look at this guide for more family-friendly things to do in Kentucky.