This Free Tour Of One Of The Best Distilleries In Kentucky Belongs On Your Bluegrass Bourbon Bucket List
Bourbon is a quintessential part of the Bluegrass State; it isn’t just a Kentucky icon, it’s an inextricable, fundamental, celebrated part of its culture and identity. Kentucky is world-famous for its bourbon, producing nearly 95 percent of the world’s supply of this spicy, sultry spirit. There are more than 70 distilleries across the Bluegrass State and over 40 on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail alone. Many are open for free bourbon tours in Kentucky, but Buffalo Trace Distillery offers five different tours of its historic grounds … for free! Let’s explore one of the best free distillery tours in Kentucky.
Get an in-depth look at Buffalo Trace Distillery:
Have you visited Buffalo Trace Distillery before? Did you know you could tour this legendary distillery in Kentucky for free? For the most current updates on these Kentucky tours, check out the Buffalo Trace Distillery Facebook page. While you’re in town, be sure to check out these historical landmarks in Frankfort.
More to Explore
Magnificent Attractions in Kentucky
What are the most affordable attractions in Kentucky?
The most affordable attractions in Kentucky include:
- Folk Art Center. Located in Morehead, the art here is mostly completed by local self-taught artists with over 1,400 pieces on display.
- Bluegrass Music Museum. If you like bluegrass music, then this museum is for you with instruments, sheet music, clothing, and much more.
- Salato Wildlife Center. Come see a ton of wildlife and check out educational exhibits to learn about the animals you’ve seen.
- Splash Park. For only ten bucks, you can spend the day having a blast on waterslides, swimming in pools, and more.
Discover more of the most affordable attractions in Kentucky.
What are the best day trips in Kentucky?
The best day trips in Kentucky include:
- Winter Zip Line Tours. Zip Line Tours in Red River Gorge are an unforgettable experience with amazing views.
- John James Audubon State Park. Walk among wildflower trails and a wetlands boardwalk and see nature’s beauty all around.
- Land Between The Lakes. Come here for sheer natural beauty and an abundance of wildlife, including wild bison.
- Horse Cave. There’s a cavern here called Hidden Rive Cave with the longest underground swinging bridge on the planet.
Find out more about the best day trips in Kentucky.
What are the best outdoor activities in Kentucky?
The best outdoor activities in Kentucky include:
- Henry’s Ark. A wonderful petting zoo with a wide variety of friendly animals that you can interact with.
- Kentucky Down Under. This place has all kinds of animals from Australia and you can pet kangaroos and emus.
- Cumberland Falls. Known for a rare natural phenomenon called a moonbow, this is a stunning natural location.
- Old Friends Farm for Retired Thoroughbreds. Give some affection to some old horses that will warm your heart.
Learn more about the best outdoor activities in Kentucky.