The One Park In Kentucky With Swinging Bridges, Caves, Camping, And Trails Truly Has It All
It’s no secret that one of the absolute best features of Kentucky is its impressive system of state parks. These destinations are spread throughout the state and each one has something different to offer. The Bluegrass State is ideal for outdoor adventure and relaxation, and you can experience both at any of these parks. One particular park in eastern Kentucky literally has everything you could want in an outdoor getaway. Carter Caves State Resort Park in Olive Hill, Kentucky offers swinging bridges, caves, camping, and trails – and that’s just the beginning of the adventures you’ll experience here. Come along as we show you all of the things to do at Carter Caves in Kentucky!
There are so many fun things to do here! It is truly one of the best spots in the state, thanks to its wide array of outdoor activity and adventure, campgrounds, lodge, and of course the natural beauty of this unique area of the Bluegrass.
Have you spent time at Carter Caves State Resort Park? Is it your favorite? Have you been to any other Kentucky State Parks with caves? Let us know in the comments!
For more information on all the resort has to offer, visit the official Carter Caves State Resort Park website or follow along on the Carter Caves Facebook page. And for a must-see trail within the park, check out this article about the Three Bridges Trail.
If your visit here was part of a road trip, be sure to check out our ultimate list of 50 on-the-go food ideas.
If you’re still in the mood for more Bluegrass State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More to Love about the Bluegrass State
Where can we go fishing in Kentucky?
If you love to throw a line in every now and then, you’ll find that there are some really great fishing spots in Kentucky. Check out a few of these for your next fishing adventures:
- Buckhorn Lake is one of the most popular lakes and it also has 856 acres of wooded land.
- Kentucky Lake is great for fishing and also offers the ultimate Kentucky beach getaway.
- Casey Creek is where folks go to fish for Bass and Trout.
Read on to learn about the many other great places to go fishing in Kentucky.
Where can we find other flea markets in Kentucky?
- Derby Park Trader’s Circle (also known as the Derby Park Flea Market) in Louisville features 600 indoor and 100 outdoor vendor spaces.
- Luke's Town and Country Flea Market in Greenville has been open since 1979 and is an area favorite.
- The Southern Kentucky Flea Market in Guthrie it's one of the more unique flea markets in the area and features 150 indoor booths.
Read on to learn about the many other great flea markets in Kentucky.
Where can we find small towns in Kentucky?
- Covington is a historic river town established in 1815 that’s known in part for its great taverns.
- Cynthiana is the quintessential Kentucky small town and a popular place to view the fall foliage.
- Danville is a certified Kentucky Cultural District and home to numerous historic landmarks.
Read on to learn more about the many wonderful small towns in Kentucky.