The Most Epic Indoor Playground in Iowa Will Bring Out the Kid in Everyone
Don’t let the cold weather keep you from having a great time. Winter is here, and this amazing indoor Iowa playground isn’t just for kids. It’s the perfect place to warm up and enjoy a fun-filled weekend. Let’s take a look at Fun City in Burlington, Iowa.
Take a tour of all the activities that Fun City has to offer:
Have you been to Fun City? Do you have any other favorite indoor fun places in Iowa? Let us know about them in the comments. If the cold air doesn’t bother you, check out these 10 amazing Iowa playgrounds that are outside.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Family-Friendly Fun In Iowa
What are the best kid-friendly hikes in Iowa?
The best kid-friendly hikes in Iowa include:
- Table Rock Loop at Ledges State Park. With tons of wildflowers and interesting geological formations, this is an excellent hike for kids.
- Yellow Banks Backpacker Trail at Polk County Park. There’s a lot of wildlife to see here and a great birding site as well.
- Wildcat Cave Trail at Wildcat Cave Wildlife Area. This hike is barely over a half-mile and takes you through an intriguing cave.
- Bridal Veil Trail at Pikes Peak State Park. This easy hike has stunning views overlooking the Mississippi River and leads to a waterfall.
Discover more about the best kid-friendly hikes in Iowa.
What are the best waterparks in Iowa?
The best waterparks in Iowa include:
- Adventure bay. This is a newer park with a wave pool, a lazy river, and all sorts of rides and slides for the whole family.
- Cascade Falls Aquatic Center. This waterpark in Ankeny has diving boards, slides, a lazy river, and a surfing simulator.
- Hick’s Harbor. This is a unique waterpark in that it has both indoor and outdoor areas for year-round fun.
- King’s Point Waterpark. Located in Storm Lake, this waterpark has a lily pad walk, a bowl ride, and tons of slides.
Find out more about the best waterparks in Iowa.
What are the best family-friendly activities in Iowa?
The best family-friendly activities in Iowa include:
- Arnolds Park. Located at Lake Okoboji, there’s a log flume and many other rides for all ages to enjoy.
- Michael’s Fun World. This park has go-kart racing, bumper boats, laser tag, rock climbing, and so much more.
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream Parlor. Bring the kids here for an old-fashioned ice cream parlor experience and enjoy a float or banana split.
- Living History Farms. The whole family will learn about how life was lived during various historical periods over the last 300 years.
Learn more about the best family-friendly activities in Iowa.