This Floating Restaurant In Iowa Is Such A Unique Place To Dine
A new unique floating restaurant in Iowa serves up delicious food and drinks and a view that can’t be beat. Fleetwood at Saylorville is the only floating bar and restaurant of its kind in Iowa. It’s the perfect place to listen to the waves, soak up the sun and enjoy a relaxing meal and beverage on the water. It’s certainly one of the most unique places to dine in Iowa.
Here’s why Fleetwood at Saylorville is just the restaurant you need this season.
Fleetwood at Saylorville is located at the Saylorville Lake Marina in Polk City, It’s open from Tuesday to Sunday. Check the restaurant’s website for the latest menu and entertainment options. Have you eaten at this unique restaurant in Iowa? Let us know about it in the comments. For more lakeside dining options, check out this list of awesome waterfront restaurants in Iowa.
More to Explore
The Culinary Creativity of Iowa
What are the best bucket list foods in Iowa?
The best bucket list foods in Iowa include:
- Dutch Letters. These are thick pasties usually in the shape of the letter “S” for “Sinterklaas” as a holiday treat.
- Scotcharoos. This sweet treat is made of rice or corn cereal mixed with butterscotch and topped with chocolate.
- Ham Balls. Ham and ground beef are mixed in with graham crackers and smothered in a tomato and brown sugar sauce.
- Breakfast Pizza. This is pizza with eggs, sausage, and bell peppers and is a popular dish at Casey’s.
Discover more about the best bucket list foods in Iowa.
What are the best candy shops in Iowa?
The best candy shops in Iowa include:
- Chocolate Storybook. Located in West Des Moines, this shop uses no additives and only uses fresh cream and butter, real chocolate, and fresh fruits.
- The Chocolate Haus. This is the place for German chocolate that’s made with a 100-year-old recipe.
- Goodies Handmade Candies. This family-run candy shop in Spirit Lake uses only fresh ingredients with no preservatives.
- Palmer’s Olde Tyme Candy Shoppe. Palmer’s makes old-fashioned candies using traditional methods.
Find out more about the best candy shops in Iowa.
What are the most iconic foods in Iowa?
The most iconic foods in Iowa include:
- Taco Pizza. Iowans top a pizza crust with taco sauce, lettuce, tomato, and tortilla chips to make taco pizzas.
- Puppy Chow. Known in many places as Muddy Buddies, this is a confection of Chex cereal, chocolate, and powdered sugar.
- Maid Rite. This is a loose-meat sandwich that originated in Iowa and is beloved by people all over the state.
- Morel Mushroom. Locals love to make breaded, deep-fried morel mushrooms and you can even find them in restaurants.
Learn more about the most iconic foods in Iowa.