Iowa September 04, 2015
Here Are 15 Undeniable Ways You Know You’re From Iowa
If you’ve ever been to a celebration in a church basement, bought sweet corn from the side of the road, or eaten a Twin Bing, you’re probably from Iowa. If you’re still unsure, here are 15 undeniable ways you know you were born and raised in America’s Heartland.
1. You know that sweet corn is soul food, and the best stuff comes from the stand on the side of the road.
2. When you go to other states, their vegetables just don't taste as fresh as they do here in Iowa.
3. You've been to some sort of gathering in a church basement, whether it was a family reunion, graduation reception or even a baby shower.
4. During the holidays, casseroles are king. Creamed corn casserole, green bean casserole, cheesy potato casserole; it doesn't get better than this.
5. You know that other states' Maid Rites just don't compare.
6. And you also know that nobody can beat an Iowa tenderloin.
7. You've been lost in a corn field, whether intentionally during a corn maze, or unintentionally during detasseling.
8. You've been on a hay ride, or even ridden on one of these during a parade.
9. You have cat-like reflexes when it comes to avoiding deer.
10. It will always be pop to you, no matter what they say.
11. You know what Sterzing's are.
12. And Twin Bings.
13. You've been to a barn dance, and probably had your first slow dance here.
14. You've been to a party, graduation, or some sort of gathering in someone's shop.
15. You know in your heart that no matter what anyone says, Iowa is the best place in the world.
What are some more ways to tell if you’re from Iowa? Share your thoughts with us!