The Sinister Story Behind This Popular Idaho State Park Will Give You Chills
Massacre Rocks State Park is known for being a major part of the Oregon Trail. Settlers from the east passed through what is now the state park on their journey westward. Today it is a popular destination to stop and appreciate the location’s history. However, the area is also attached to a pretty creepy urban legend that not many people know about — the Idaho water babies of Massacre Rocks. Some say that the area is haunted and here’s why.
Do you believe Massacre Rocks is haunted? Have you ever heard of these water babies in Idaho? Let us know in the comments.
If you enjoyed this water babies legend, check out the tragic story behind the haunted lake in Idaho! And, if you want to stay someplace known for paranormal activity but don’t want to “rough” it, check out these haunted hotels in Idaho that may just provide the most frightening night of your life. But, if frights and scares aren’t your thing — that’s okay! You can always have an unforgettable adventure by booking an experience with Viator.
More to Explore
Massacre Rocks State Park
What are some things I should know before visiting Massacre Rocks State Park?
Located near American Falls, Massacre Rocks State Park is certainly worthy of a visit. A few things you should know before you head to this park include:
- This state park is full of geology and history.
- Stop and check out Register Rock. This large boulder is covered with signatures of individuals who passed through this area on their way to Oregon.
- You can rest and relax at this park on the large, grassy areas, picnic tables, and more.
- Enjoy views of the Snake River during your visit.
- Don’t miss the visitor center. Here, you will learn all about the area and some of its history.
What are some other haunted places in Idaho I should check out?
While Massacre Rocks State Park is believed to be haunted, it certainly isn’t the only place in Idaho where you can experience a chill down your spine. A few additional places in Idaho that are creepy and spooky include the following:
- Stricker Ranch, Hansen
- Howells Opera House, Oakley
- Albion State Normal School, Albion
- Old Idaho Penitentiary, Boise
- Lewiston, Idaho
What are some other state parks I should visit?
Massacre Rocks State Park is one of the most underrated state parks in Idaho. Unfortunately, it isn’t the only one. There are many state parks throughout Idaho that don’t receive the attention and the number of visitors that they deserve. A few of these lesser-known and underrated state parks in Idaho include: