This Epic One-Day Road Trip Across Florida Is Full Of Adventures From Sunrise To Sunset
One of the coolest aspects of living in Florida is that you can travel from one side of the coast to the other in one day. This means that you can enjoy the best places to see the sun rise in Florida and then make it over to the Gulf for a sunset with a few fun stops in between. There aren’t too many places throughout the U.S. where this is a reality, so we’ve created the ultimate one-day road trip to give you the best day you can imagine and see the best sunrises in Florida.
The entire road trip takes about 3.5 hours of driving time, but you’ll want to plan for more time at each of these scenic places in Florida.
So what do you think about this one-day road trip starting with the best sunrises in Florida? Is this something you think you can tackle? Let us know in the comments section!
If you’re looking for more exciting trips in The Sunshine State, then check out these places with the best beach sunrises in Florida.
More to Explore
Road Trip Worthy Destinations in Florida
What are the most unique attractions in Florida?
The most unique attractions in Florida include:
- The Skunk Ape Research Headquarters in Ochopee. This is a place that researches Florida’s version of Bigfoot called the Skunk Ape.
- Solomon’s Castle in Ona. This is an aluminum-covered castle that was built by hand by Howard Solomon for his residence, however, there are tours.
- Jules’ Undersea Lodge in Key Largo. This is the only known underwater hotel and guests have to dive 30 feet to get to their rooms.
- Monkey Jungle in Miami. Visitors walk through caged walkways while the monkeys roam free in the surrounding area.
Discover more about the most unique attractions in Florida.
What are the best day trip destinations in Flordia?
The best day trip destinations in Florida include:
- Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales. This is a bird sanctuary with a singing tower that stands 250 feet tall and has been around since the 1920s.
- Tarpon Springs. This is a historic area where locals collect sponges from the sea and visitors enjoy charming antique stores.
- Gulfport. This tiny, whimsical town has colorful buildings and a ton of public art along with quaint cafes and fun shops.
- Apalachicola. This diminutive fishing town is known for having some of Florida’s most delicious seafood.
Find out more about the best day trip destinations in Florida.
What are the most incredible natural attractions in Florida?
The most incredible natural attractions in Florida include:
- Florida Caverns State Park. These caves are the only ones in Florida that are not submerged and that also offer tours.
- Everglades National Park. This famous park is America’s largest tropical wilderness and has flora and fauna that are only found here.
- Crystal River. Come to the only place in the state where you can get up close and personal with gentle manatees.
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park. Visitors can walk down into a 120-foot sinkhole that has its own little rainforest.
Learn more about the most incredible natural attractions in Florida.