The Day Trip Of A Lifetime You Can Only Take In Delaware
Lewes, Delaware is an amazing little town. The First Town in the First State is filled with places to wander, fine dining spots, gorgeous beaches, and a ton of history. Hidden amongst all of the obvious attractions like the Lightship Overfalls and the Cannonball House is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that many people don’t realize is possible! From Fisherman’s Wharf, you can catch a tour of the Delaware Bay on a charter cruise. Bring your binoculars and a camera, because you’re going dolphin and whale watching in Delaware!
Mark your calendar now for Delaware whale watching! If you want a preview of the stunning views you’ll see on your tour, check out this great drone footage of the Delaware Bay and Rehoboth Canal captured at sunset.
More to Explore
Whale Watching In Delaware
Are there any waterfront restaurants in Delaware?
Once you've worked up a good appetite on the water, you may not want to leave those stunning views behind. Luckily there are lots of gorgeous waterfront restaurants in Delaware perfect for enjoying a meal and unpacking the day's adventures with your companions:
- For a fresh and tasty seafood meal with a view of the Wilmington river and a laid-back atmosphere, you should visit Big Fish Grill.
- Or perhaps you are on the hunt for something a bit more upscale? If so, take a seat at the stunningly classy Catch 54 on Fenwick Island.
If you want a chance to take a nice swim after your meal, check out our list of beachfront restaurants in Delaware!
What are the best day trips in Delaware?
There are so many opportunities for awesome day trips in Delaware, the First State is absolutely teeming with the potential for adventure:
- For history buffs, the Fort Miles Historic area is the perfect place to while away the day learning and exploring ruins from World War II.
- Or perhaps you're a fan of fairy tales, then the charming village of Arden, Delaware will be right up your alley with its outdoor theater and citizens dressed in vintage costumes!
- Nature lovers will definitely want to get on down to a stunning Delaware lavender farm where you can purchase soap and honey made from the farm's harvests.
If you are a big lover of these types of adventures, you can take one a month for a whole year by following our Delaware day trips list!
What are the best free things to do in Delaware?
If you want to make sure the time you spend in the First State is both fun and frugal, then you're in luck! There are tons of free things to do in Delaware for every type of local and traveler:
- You can see some art at the Delaware art museum or the Delaware contemporary, both free on certain days of the week.
- Hitting up an outdoor concert is a great way to get some fresh air, as is just sitting on a boardwalk taking in the views.
- If you have a big family, the zoo is free for a few months in winter and everyone will love seeing the animals exhibiting different behaviors!
In short, there is no shortage of free activities in Delaware.