The Beautiful Connecticut Library That Looks Like Something From A Book Lover's Dream
A world-class college like Yale University undoubtedly has a beautiful campus. Obviously, the halls and dorms often feature stunningly designed architecture, but one major benefit of college towns is all of the added draws for the local community. Along with colleges come top-tier theaters, museums, libraries, and other cultural attractions that are often open to the public as well as university faculty and staff. Yale University has several wonderful facilities, such as the Yale Center for British Art. You can also find a few of the best old libraries in Connecticut here. The most beautiful Yale University library is the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library. This place is incredible. Check it out:
What a beautiful and historic building! You can learn more about this “old library near me,” the Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library on the library’s website.
If you’re looking to make a visit to this cool library part of a little getaway, we recommend finding the perfect place to stay on Hotels.com.
More to Explore
Unique Places In Connecticut
Are there any cool museums to visit in Connecticut?
A great way to spend a rainy day (or any day really,) is at one of the many amazing museums in Connecticut:
- The Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities at the Old State House in Hartford holds a collection of all sorts of taxidermied animals, and even a mummy hand.
- Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry in Storrs is not only a museum of puppets, but the institute offers the only Masters in Puppetry in the country.
- The Lock Museum of America in Terryville has a collection of over 20,000 locks from all different periods of history. Louis XVI would be in heaven here!
What are some of the best day trips to go on in Connecticut?
Get out of the house with one of these exciting and unique day trips in Connecticut:
- Avery's Beverages is a small-town soda factory that lets you design a custom flavor and bring home a six-pack.
- The Book Barn is an absolutely massive bookstore made up of multiple buildings. You could easily spend an entire day here.
- Pachaug State Forest has lots of gorgeous natural sights to wonder at, and one of the hikes is even rumored to be haunted.
Are there any unique roadside attractions in Connecticut?
Some may call them tourist traps, but roadside attractions in Connecticut can be so cute and they make for the perfect chance to stretch your legs while on a long drive:
- Miracle Mary is a small statue of Mary that made it out of an explosion in a church unscathed.
- The 26-foot-tall statue of Paul Bunya serves as a flagpole for a business called House of Doors.
- There is a giant statue of a sperm whale outside of the Children's Museum that squirts water!