This Alabama Fishing Trail Will Take You To 13 Of The State's Greatest Lakes And Rivers
Here in Alabama, bass fishing is a popular recreational activity that’s enjoyed by all ages. There are several lakes and rivers located throughout the state that attract fishing enthusiasts from across the country and even the world. The Alabama Bass Trail includes 13 of the best fishing lakes in Alabama as well as some rivers that are perfect for bass fishing. For information about each one, take a look below.
Do you enjoy fishing? If so, please share with us your favorite fishing lakes in Alabama or other favorite places to fish in Alabama in the comments.
More to Explore
alabama fishing lakes
Where is one of the best places to bass fish in Alabama?
There are many great places to fish in Alabama, especially when it comes to bass fishing. One of the best places in Alabama that offers great bass fishing opportunities is Lake Eufaula, which is famously known as the "Bass Fishing Capital of the World." A bit about Lake Eufaula:
- People travel from all over the world to fish from Lake Eufaula, which is also known as Walter F. George Lake.
- Covering approximately 45,000+ acres, this sprawling lake is formed on the Chattahoochee River between the states of Alabama and Georgia.
- In addition to fishing, boating and skiing are a couple of other recreational activities enjoyed on Lake Eufaula.
What are three of the best fishing lakes in Alabama?
When it comes to the outdoors, Alabama doesn't disappoint! From hiking and camping to swimming and fishing, there's such a variety of activities enjoyed by people of all ages. Speaking of fishing, there are several fishing lakes in Alabama, including Lake Eufaula, Lewis Smith Lake, and Weiss Lake.
- Lake Eufaula is the best place to be for bass fishing. After all, it's known as the "Bass Fishing Capital of the World."
- Lewis Smith Lake, which is located in Cullman, Walker, and Winston Counties, is a popular lake for striped bass. Some are even in the 40+ pound range.
- Weiss Lake is a great lake for crappie fishing. In fact, due to its number of crappie fish, this lake is best known as the "Crappie Capital of the World."
If you enjoy fishing, consider visiting any of the above three fishing lakes in Alabama. You'll love fishing from them and you'll likely even catch a fish (or two). Even if you don't enjoy fishing, the experience of spending time on these three lakes makes the time spent well worth it.